Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I have a base trans w/ approx. 5k on it since being purchased from the Acura dealership refurbished. Welded LSD no grinds or popouts basically new. Looking to get $450. Located 10mins outside of Baltimore. Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, meaning that both wheels constantly spin together...best used for drag. I got it done at TSR they did a great job:up: Can still be used for street racing/ daily driver of course

·
Registered
172 Posts
i hate to tell you but if you have a ''welded lsd'' which doesnt make any sense your not using it on the street.

lsd stands for limited slip differential key word being slip which yours cant do if its welded

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He means its like a spool. Both wheels will spin at the same speed. Makes it hard to turn that beast.

i hate to tell you but if you have a ''welded lsd'' which doesnt make any sense your not using it on the street.

lsd stands for limited slip differential key word being slip which yours cant do if its welded
you both are correct. Its a drag transmission. I drove it for about 4000k since refurb. and then got the welded lsd when I went boost. sorry for any confusion

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i have a stock diff is anyones is interested.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welded diffs ROCK! They sound badass turning into a parking spot at the mall etc. The wheels are both trying to turn and make a wierd noise. Sick.
Good luck with sale.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Welded diffs ROCK! They sound badass turning into a parking spot at the mall etc. The wheels are both trying to turn and make a wierd noise. Sick.
Good luck with sale.
You must be crazy, a welded diff will ruin your axles in no time and you're tires wont last long either. Its jerky on the steerinwheel, you can't do u-turns, and the car will understeer like a pig if you race it. Welding a diff is only good if the only thing you do is dragrace.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Good luck with sale.
yeah they rock. until it breaks and only one wheel gets power and youre slamming into the wall if you're racing at a track. hope it doesn't break on the freeway lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts