Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the K series left the B’s alone I like my RSX but I have a 2003 base 5 speed Rdy to put a jdm k24a into my car what is everything I need in order from before going in the car and after it’s in the car what’s all the parts I need ? Also if you from Maryland Check in ? All the mopar cars are doing donuts all night no1 races anymore

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
Crv post mount
Kpro for tuning
The heater hose will go into the cylinder head at a different spot and the upper radiator hose will be different as well. If you aren’t going to put an rbc /type s throttle body on the k24 you could put your entire intake manifold assembly including throttle body into the k24
you will also re use your current water pump housing , alternator , PS pump ,water pump , idler pulley etc unless you get aftermarket. None of the stuff on the k24a is commonly found and it’s overall much easier to use the usdm parts.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
Crv post mount
Kpro for tuning
The heater hose will go into the cylinder head at a different spot and the upper radiator hose will be different as well. If you aren’t going to put an rbc /type s throttle body on the k24 you could put your entire intake manifold assembly including throttle body into the k24
you will also re use your current water pump housing , alternator , PS pump ,water pump , idler pulley etc unless you get aftermarket. None of the stuff on the k24a is commonly found and it’s overall much easier to use the usdm parts.
You will reuse your oem engine harness. You just need to match the clutch and flywheel together so you can use a complete type s /k20a3 kit on the k24. I keep thinking of stuff but I don’t know if I covered it all lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be using the type s manifold , I’ve heard the s2000 water pump is better so I think im going to order that also , do you suggest dual valveSprings/retainers ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will reuse your oem engine harness. You just need to match the clutch and flywheel together so you can use a complete type s /k20a3 kit on the k24. I keep thinking of stuff but I don’t know if I covered it all lol.
Also What year crv post mount ? And what’s the best way to get the motor in with no engine lift ?

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,872 Posts
I will be using the type s manifold , I’ve heard the s2000 water pump is better so I think im going to order that also , do you suggest dual valveSprings/retainers ?
I have never heard of the s2000 water pump being compatible , I will have to look into that. Unless you are using aftermarket cams or revving quite a bit higher than the oem rev limit the upgraded valvetrain isn’t really necessary. It does help to have dual valve springs with boost I will say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts