Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my friend has an 04 RSX base and he is wanting to do a k20a swap or swap the head from a k20a onto his k20a3 and turbocharge it... now is this something that can be done or is it cheaper to just get a k20a and swap the entire motor than it is to do a head swap??? if he did swap a k20a head on to the k20a3 block would it be smart to leave in the k20a3 pistons in order to keep the power up while hes not in the boost??? or is the 10:1 compression to high to even run as little as 5-6 psi? i am aware that the bottom end isnt going to be as strong w/ a k20a3 bottom end but i think hes going to cryotreat it first...

thanks in advance

·
Registered
35 Posts
you're going to want to get the head and ecu also to make it atleast a straight running NA motor.. with 10:1 cr you could run 4-6 psi of boost.. but I wouldnt want to do all that untuned.. you would want a reputable tuner to tune the setup and then get on the boost.. but if you were to go through all that then i would try get the low compression pistons anyways.. due to the a3 block's lack of oil squirters... forged pistons would surivive the load of boost and no oil squirters much better than factory pistons..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there is a big difference between the k20a3 block and the k20a2 block... would it be cheaper to just get a k20a2 or maybe even a k20a and do that swap???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts