Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
blah, dont discourage yourself...you just began to persue this swap..and its deffinately not the easiest swap in the world...so just take your time read up and learn:up: plus, were here to help you:up:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 95 eg coupe and am thinking about trying a k24 swap.I here it's not the easiest swap in the world but wuold like to give it a try.What exactly is involved with this swap?

·
Registered
1 Posts
heyy guys im new to this site but not new to the swaping world...lol
n/e ways me and my dad are putting a k24a2 motor in our 92 civic...the sites in this thread are helping me out alot so thanxs to whoever contributed the sites and the pics and the instructions. PEACE:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
:confused: Whats up Guys. I have many problems with my swap i am putting a k20z1 into my 97ek.. I am trying to leave the 06 engine harness on and use the 06computer and immobilizer etc.. do not have the money for k-pro... here is one of the many problems.. I had already sent the harness off to hasportthe wired it up, But the harness that they did the ''e'' plug? It is only for the 02-04 models. So this tells me that it is not going to work in my car since the wiring is not going to be pinned the same as the 06 stuff..Aside from that problem I cannot find out what axles to use for my car with out buying tha 400.00 axles everyone sells..I ahve been told that i can use the 06 inner and shaft..(both sides) and put the bseries hubs on the outers of both axles..this will not work because the bseries has a smaller shaft..What do i do?????:wow: HELP ME THANX Tony

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
k20zek9 said:
:confused: Whats up Guys. I have many problems with my swap i am putting a k20z1 into my 97ek.. I am trying to leave the 06 engine harness on and use the 06computer and immobilizer etc.. do not have the money for k-pro... here is one of the many problems.. I had already sent the harness off to hasportthe wired it up, But the harness that they did the ''e'' plug? It is only for the 02-04 models. So this tells me that it is not going to work in my car since the wiring is not going to be pinned the same as the 06 stuff..Aside from that problem I cannot find out what axles to use for my car with out buying tha 400.00 axles everyone sells..I ahve been told that i can use the 06 inner and shaft..(both sides) and put the bseries hubs on the outers of both axles..this will not work because the bseries has a smaller shaft..What do i do?????:wow: HELP ME THANX Tony
Search around and you'll find the recipe for the oem axle combo. But be aware of oem axles because with Hasport and Hybrid mounts you need a CUSTOM axle. While the OEM combos will work, using custom mounts requires a custom axle. No OEM combo will give you the correct lenght that the axles need to preform their best. With the $400 axles you are gaurenteed correct fitment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
great thread... i will be keepin this in mind as i get closer to the swap :up:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Does anyone have AVID RACING “K24 into EG” instructions. If someone has them for K20 that will be fine too. I mainly just need to know how / where to drill the passenger-side mount. I think I can figure the rest out myself.

If you've got them, could you send me a link, or PM me or e-mail me ( [email protected] ) or something?

Thanks a lot, Brooks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I don't understand why this thread is still a sticky. It tells you to route the shifter cables through the firewall by drilling a hole :down: :down: :down:

That's soooooooo 2000 :dance:

And 1956 called....it wants the black & white pics back :p :rolleyes:

:cool:

·
Registered
184 Posts
heyy guys im new to this site but not new to the swaping world...lol
n/e ways me and my dad are putting a k24a2 motor in our 92 civic...the sites in this thread are helping me out alot so thanxs to whoever contributed the sites and the pics and the instructions. PEACE:cool:
Thats So Cool. I wish i had that,but my father doesnt understand how much passion i put into these cars n racing. PropS to DaDz!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
got an Element k24a4 complete engine & the ENGINE SIDE MOUNTING BRACKEt is the same as a CRV k24a1 part# 11910-PPA-000.

(but I assume that it should have the accord pistons since it is a k24a4! anyone knows?)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I want to say thanks to every one who keeps this site running and to Will who has really stuck his neck out there.
Keep up the great work.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts