Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am currently serving a tour over in Iraq right now and purchaisng items and having them mailed to my parents house. Im pretty sure by the time this is done the whole spare bedroom of theres will be full of my car parts.

I am putting together a k20/24 all motor build. ERL sleeved block 89bore 99 stroke 12:5:1 compression with a drag cartel head and IPS K10 Cams. I am starting completely from scratch here. Couple years ago i had an Si hatch with a 05 k swap and sold it like a dumbass. Oh well shit happens. Well about a month ago I decided to browse the forum again to see if i could find a cheap k swapped hatch...after contacting or trying to contact some guys on here about there cars for sale and never heard back i came across some IPS K10's brand new in the package. I always wnated a set of IPS cams and i figured if i got these cams then i would start my own build. Well low and behold and $1100 later i had some IPS K10 cams that were brand new. These cams alone gave me the motivation to start this build.

As of right now i dont even have a car. Im just gathering the parts that i want and need. I dont plan on going a cheap route on this build. This will be my first build ever an di wnat to do it right the first time.

My WHP goal for my NA setup is 340whp streetable. People may say thats a little much but its not out of reach. The car that im purchasing parts for is a 92-95 Cx. The car has to be a Cx or a Vx nothing else thats what i want and ill hold off to get it until i find the right one.

This build thread will be a slow process but will pay off in the end.

Here are some pictures of my old Si hatch. Some of you guys may have seen it on here for sale back in 2009. sorry about the size of the pictures. Thanks goes out to all my friend at Big Boy Racing who done this swap for me. they put the swap in the car for me and got the car running for me! thanks alot guys!

This will be my first k swap that i have ever done by myself. So lets see how this goes!:dance:

Here are the parts that i have gathered so far

The cams that started it all IPS K 10's

04 K20A2 Head has around 65k miles on it...this is my donor head for drag cartel.

RBC Intake Manifold will also be sent off along with the head to get ported by drag cartel

Chasebays MIL Spec wire harness

Brand new OEM Honda EG6 SiR front lip with oem hardware

JDM Amber fog light switch (didnt take it out of packaging)

JDM Cluster (only thing i kept from my last car)

Hybird Racing SS tucked fuel lines with Aeromotive FPR

Xcessive Kpro Inatke Manifold with 90mm TB

Hybird Racing silicone radiator hoses

2005 K24A2 from an accord with 35k miles on her ($800 my parents will be picking this up for me october 2)

I have some other goodies in the mail right now that should be getting to the house sometime this week. Ill have my parents take pictures of everythign and send me the pictures so i can let you guys knw whats going on.

You guys try not to be to harsh on me!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice start man. Be safe out there so u can come home and enjoy all the iVtec!! :up::wink:

Thanks man will do! I think it might be awhile before i can enjoy it but it will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ips cams. i hate you right now. ugh. i need a set of cams.

nice project. :up:
shit man wish i wouldnt of deleted a message...i contacted a guy awhile ago about some other ips cams ips kme cams i believe and he was wanting to get rid of them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ips cams. i hate you right now. ugh. i need a set of cams.

nice project. :up:

hey man did some looking through my messages and cam across the one that i though i deleted....pm'd with info on some ips cams man

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got some jdm pedals in the mail with some oem honda mudflaps will have pics up soon when photobucket decides to come around..

·
Swag Champ
9,369 Posts
thats my boy ..happy you got the fuel set up :up: ... cant wait to see how this goes:up::up::D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats my boy ..happy you got the fuel set up :up: ... cant wait to see how this goes:up::up::D
thanks man its gonna be a slow build..but it'll be worth the wait. bout a week i got someone going to pick up my motor!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright well here are some more parts that finally came in the mail.

modified oil k20 oil pan for s2 oil pump from ERL

brand new OEM Honda EG mudflaps

OEM Honda dc2 pedal set

also got velocity stack plate from xcessive manufacturing for the manifold to make the runners a little longer..will have pics up of that soon

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good build so far, looking forward to it :up:

What are your plans for the drivetrain?

as far as a transmission either a stock lsd equipped tranny from an Si or a k20a2 tranny with quaife whichever funds allow for really. as far as clutch im not sure i was gonna ask for opinions on that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
definitely going to keep an eye on this! can't wait to see it take shape man. get home safe!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got my motor on the 2 of october. i have been pretty busy over here with the withdrawal of troops and what not and also trying to get promoted.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Looking really good man! Some legit parts in here for sure :) be sage over there senor! :up:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts