Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been tryin to get my car up in running for awhile now. Before i had the type r ecu and the only way to start the car is if i switch da map n tps around which i heard people said that can fry your tps sensor. Now i got Kpro and the car still wont start when the tps and map is in the right place. i replace the map already and still nothing. Can my tps been fried from before? When i look on my kpro and i datalog it the tps reads at 0% when i full throttle it reads at 100%. So i thought my tps is oki or am i wrong? Need help ASAP guys thanks..

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Sounds like It is not your TPS but something else. The car will start fine even with the TPS unplugged, I just did this a few days ago. The car will even start if you have the map plugged into the TPS....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah because right now if i were to reverse the tps and map sensor the car will start but it spudders then couple second later it will just die out. Kpro doesn't show any errors either no check engine lights. I dont know what could be the problem now.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Almost sounds like the IAC has frozen into the closed position. Hold the TB's butterfly slightly open and try to start the car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
um interesting.. i'll try that today. so if the IAC is not plugged in the car wouldn't start? if so i'll just buy another to see if it helps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i'll try and get the voltage soon and let you guys know. but on my kpro my map is at -45 psi is that correct?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts