Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got to installing my 3" exhaust on my coupe.

Setup:

Rcrew Header
Kteller 3" piping kit
Magnaflow cat (good for the environment)
18" Magnaflow resonator
Magnaflow straight through muffler

Butt dyno says :up:

Video:

Thoughts? It sounds pretty good in my opinion, but inside the car there is a drone. Not the best for daily driving because I think you'd get a headache.

·
Registered
950 Posts
nice, sounds very good, i had a 2.5in exhaust with a magnapack and muffler and it sounded sick, im gunna be running the same thing except 3in on my eg.

·
Registered
221 Posts
from the video that sounds really good. I am thinking about picking up that 3" piping kit with an 18" resonator and welding on my 3" Apexi WSII muffler. Don't have it tuned with a cat, so tempted to leave it catless. But a Cat would definitely make it quieter...

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the video that sounds really good. I am thinking about picking up that 3" piping kit with an 18" resonator and welding on my 3" Apexi WSII muffler. Don't have it tuned with a cat, so tempted to leave it catless. But a Cat would definitely make it quieter...
With a cat, it won't affect your tune if any at all. Cats now a-days are so high flowing it doesn't matter if it is there or not.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what style cat did you use?

It sounds pretty quiet, how does it sound on the outside...
Its a Magnaflow 3" cat. As far as style, its a weld in replacement. It does have a honeycomb in it.

I'm not sure how it sounds on the outside. I'm always on the inside driving!

·
Registered
363 Posts
acceleration sounds sweeet. but that very same drone killed the driving experience for me. definitely not for daily driving several miles.

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
acceleration sounds sweeet. but that very same drone killed the driving experience for me. definitely not for daily driving several miles.
It was bad at first but i got used to it. I've driven it 3hrs in a day and didn't have too bad of a headache lol.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
do another video of you really getting on it... Did it even go in to Vtec on the first vid?

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do another video of you really getting on it... Did it even go in to Vtec on the first vid?
I will when the snow melts. We got hammered with almost a foot yesterday.

Yes I did hit vtec, its that quiet. I need to get a vid of outside the car to get an accurate representation of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts