Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
12K views 60 replies 16 participants last post by  bballinjay11 
#1 ·
After owning an rsx-s and seeing the power in k series; I figure it was time to get rid of it and go for some more power. Decided to do a frank build and put it into a hatchback civic. After all the thinking and planning to build a motor for a daily driver racing street car, I finally ended up with this set-up. Let me know what you guys think about this set-up or if you have any suggestions :)

Motor:
  • k24a1 bore to 87.5mm
  • Wiseco pistons 12.5:1 compression
  • k1 technology rods
  • Stock crank polished and grinded out
  • New k20a2 oil pump (anyone knows how to modify this to let the pump rev more? let me know. It has something to do with the spring?)

This is block after I got it back from the machine shop sitting in the garage being ready to be built.

This evening I just ordered the following from items for the head from Brian up at clubrsx. Cool dude help me with most of the stuff :up: Should have this all in by wednesday. k20a2 head is getting polished and ported locally.
  • kelford stage 2 cams - wanted stage 3 but couldnt find them :(
  • Kelford Beehive Springs and Retainers
  • Supertech Intake and Exhaust Valve Seal Set (16)
  • Supertech Intake Valve Guide (single Guide)
  • Supertech Exhaust Valve Guide (single Guide)
  • Supertech 7° Retainer Keepers (32)
  • Supertech Single Intake Valve (36mm; Flat)
  • Supertech Exhaust Valves ( 31mm; Flat)
  • ARP K-Series Head Stud Kit
  • Competition Clutch 'Stage 4' Clutch & Ultra Lightweight Flywheel Combo

See less See more
#6 ·
yes running on pump gas. motor is only touching 93 octane from shell gas station. i wish they sold e85 or race gas around where I lived but they dont :mad: anyways i thought you had to block and seal this whole right here so you wont loose any oil pressure?

but this is what i got in today from rob at "teamxxx" :up:
87 mm cometic head gasket i will get the head gasket bored out to 87.5 since my block is bored out to the same size.

as far as intake manifold i'm going with a rbc ported and polished with a 74MM TB? let me know what you guys think!!!

#13 ·
i havent got that far yet but as far as headers i'm too sure i want one to fit really good to let all the gases out as soon as possiable without getting them trapped in the motor but i know im getting a 3in exhaust pipe and as far as intake i was thinking about rbc ported and polished with a 74 tb? let me know what you know or if you have any suggestions .... im open to anything :up:

#22 ·
Nice built dude, i have been monitoring closing...lol, not a stalker.. What type of IN/EXT valves are you using which has a flat surface? estimately a bump of 0.2cr on those valves? A standard IN 35mm / EXT 30mm? Enjoy your build..

Cheers..:up:

#23 ·
Yeah I'm just waiting for hybrid racing to get in some more of their chain tension so I could finish building this thing and yeah I have supertech Intake Valve 36mm and supertech Exhaust Valves 31mm and their both flat for my all-motor purpose. I ordered my whole head setup from clubrsx .. I wanted to go stage 3 kelford but they weren't in and nobody around has got them. I think the stage 3 would of went sick with the 75mm ported rbc intake manifold I have but I'm stuck with stage 2 kelford for now :/ we'll see how much power I make with this set-up :D

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.