Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the scenario...

bring k24a1 turbo civic to the paintshop, drive it half mile down street to get there. It sits for a week wile bodywork is being performed, that of which I removed my FMIC and piping to sell as I'm going A2W...

Car has been tuned just fine

so the car has just an open TB and turbo is blowing air to nowhere, but the car is only being backed up and moved about 10 feet, here and there...

the other day it just died while running, it ran out of gas. We filled it bck up with some 93, and no longer would start, tired several times.

Has spark, injectors work, etc... turned out to be Gas soaked plugs.

plugs cleaned up, air dryed the cylinders, started up first shot.

Ran the car for 5 mins, revved it up, let it idle for a while, shut down then re-checked the plugs. Perfect! Then he started it up 2 more times to move it around later in the day and it started up fine, ut he said it ran choppy. NO CEL's, I will pull the plugs again tomorrow to check them out, but at least it was starting no problem.

***now would removing the chargepiping/etc cause no forced air into the motor, even at idle and cause the tune to be super off and dump fuel/foul plugs?

I'm looking for your opinions, thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
if your ecu is in closed loop & was tuned with the piping, then yes. If it doesn't do this with the piping on, then there's your answer

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car was tuned, then setup to run as closed loop and I have an rsx-s primary o2 running in my downpipe...

so your saying, even at idle, without that chargepiping in there, even for quick little moving around the shop the tunes wayy off and going to dump fuel and foul out the plugs?

(With the fmic/piping is how it was tuned/ran a couple times on my street, didnt seem to have any issues. THEN i take the piping off, and this happens. I wont have the a2w setup for a couple weeks, but all the car will do is move 10 feet here and 10 feet there...)

Just let me know your feelings, I appreciate it!

thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ngk-brkiex7

93 octane

rc650's

prior tune was open loop with an aem uego hooked up to monitor, this time around closed loop was enabled and a primary o2 was used... not sure of the afr's at idle i need to get my laptop back.... BUT never had a problem till i removed the chargepiping

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
closed loop will adjust accordingly. I.e. Compare a tune with a cai vs a short ram. Two different intakes with 2 different air/flows & flow patterns, thus my point

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ thats just what i was figuring/hoping to hear.

i just didnt know if it would affect it so much even at idle

im used to open loop and constant watching of my wideband, its nice to have an oem wideband o2 in there....

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I want to bet your base fuel pressure is too high for your injectors or you have it set to closed loop.
What's your base fuel pressure?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts