Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
drhonda said:
For all of you that want to do a k-swap and are looking at prices. I'm up to 4g's plus cost of motor. :lol:

So if you're thinking about doing this adn think it will be easy on the pocket book. Think again.

Yup yup.

I'm at about $8000-8500 total cost so far, and i still need to purchase a header and axles. :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which engine did you buy?

Not sure how good of a price it is but I found a RSX Type S motor with 50k with a rebuild for 3500. Now only has about 1k miles on it and aftermarket valve springs and clutch..

·
Registered
266 Posts
drhonda said:
For all of you that want to do a k-swap and are looking at prices. I'm up to 4g's plus cost of motor. :lol:

So if you're thinking about doing this adn think it will be easy on the pocket book. Think again.
So what have you bought so far?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SloDC said:

Not sure how good of a price it is but I found a RSX Type S motor with 50k with a rebuild for 3500. Now only has about 1k miles on it and aftermarket valve springs and clutch..

I got the type S. I paid less than that shipped for one with 12k on it. A type S usually goes for 3-3500.

Professor15, so far i have everything needed except for a few small things, like clutch line and radiator hoses, and i have to get the exhaust fabbed. but Otherwise i'm almost done. I bought the hasport header to save money. But i'm using k-pro instead of the type r you could use the type r to save money, but i'm gonna supercharge mine later.

·
Registered
198 Posts
drhonda said:
SloDC said:

I got the type S. I paid less than that shipped for one with 12k on it. A type S usually goes for 3-3500.

Professor15, so far i have everything needed except for a few small things, like clutch line and radiator hoses, and i have to get the exhaust fabbed. but Otherwise i'm almost done. I bought the hasport header to save money. But i'm using k-pro instead of the type r you could use the type r to save money, but i'm gonna supercharge mine later.
where is everyone find their K20 swaps for $3500?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JDM2ndGen said:
drhonda said:
SloDC said:

where is everyone find their K20 swaps for $3500?

They pop up every once and a while, just gotta keep your eyes open and once you see a good deal, grab it. I also bought my motor a long time ago before mount kits were even out. So no one was really buying them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.