Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Just call me Benz.

Been a lurker for a while since everything that has come to mind has been discussed in this forum "what we dont have around malaysia".

I am from Malaysia, currently driving a RB1 that has a K24A6 in it.

Recently It got hydro locked. So a rebuild is necessary.

I plans are to run it NA for a couple of months and later turbocharge it with a small turbo, like a 60-1 since its a wagon.

My horsepower target is just around 250-300ish and at max revs of 7k with a boost of 14psi.

Here are my rebuild item list:

Supertech pistons 87.5 12.5:1 cr
Scat Rods
Clevite Bearings
ARP Headstud
Cometic 88mm HGasket
HPT Timing Chain Guard
Golden Eagle Intake Gasket

I would like to ask a couple of questions

1:The supertech pistons CR are 12.5:1 if using K20 head. If I am using k24 head, what could the CR be?

2: Since this is my first forged rebuild, what bearing sizes should i buy? This is the first time the engine is being overhauled.

3: I read that if i want to go True IVtec, I would need a A2 cam + rockers. Anybody could help me out by providing me with the correct info?

4:Would a Skunk TCT be a good upgrade for this rebuild since everything is coming apart and maybe would want to change the valve spring and cams later?Been reading the stock tentioner upgrade, but it didnt have any conclusions and final result of the proposed design.

5: Would a block guard be advisable?

6:Should I have a restrictor at the turbo oil supply? Read somewhere that the turbo would leak oil if theres no restrictor.What size is good?

7: Is modding the stock oil pump to make it have higher pressure a better thing sinces its going to be turboed later?

Any positive comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks Alot In Advance and this forums rocks:dude:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
12.5:1 is little high for turbo build, use oem bearings and pull motor apart to check for sizes, yes for vtec a2 rockers/cams, no need for skunk 2 tensioner, yes will need resrictor for turbo, no on block gaurd, and k20a2 pump would be best best if going to rev over stock redline. oem 87mm gasket is fine for 87.5mm builds

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
not alot but dont know the exact number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anybody could help me with a link of converting to true Vtec & the restrictor size for the turbo?

Thanks a lot.Really appreciate it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts