Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally brought my hatchcrap out to Jeff Evans to get it tuned. I was fairly surprised by the outcome... Here's the setup:

Stock K20A2 swap
RBC intake manifold w/ Karcepts throttle body adapter
Karcepts intake piping w/ velocity stack
ProFab intake manifold gasket
Rcrew 4-2-1 equal length header
3" Thermal exhaust
Hondata K-pro
93 octane pump gas

230hp / 158tq

· Banned
16,050 Posts
Congrats! I wish I could find the courage to ask you to also dyno it on a dynojet to see the difference because the results are kind of unreal. :p

I am sorry but I am sure you agree that for stock type s cams, that is nuts.

· Registered
14,996 Posts
nikos said:
Congrats! I wish I could find the courage to ask you to also dyno it on a dynojet to see the difference because the results are kind of unreal. :p

Evan's is the man! believe it!

· Banned
16,050 Posts
Just for comparison..

Here's Jeff evans dyno on a k20a2 RSX with toda N2 cams.. Full dyno tune after 5 hours.. THat is mark's car. Toda Pwr on k20a.org that is now running the IPS k2 cams

Motor has to be a freak indeed or the RBC is just one crazy manifold...lol

· Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nikos said:

No one there was more skeptical than myself. I have always heard that A2 cams were unable to support anything over 220whp. It did back the numbers repeatedly though. The general concensus between those of us present seemed to be that on top of the mods, the motor could in fact be a "factory freak".
IMO it's really too soon to tell if that's the case, as i think this is the first real posted data of a fully tuned stock A2 with these supporting mods...

Appreciate all the feedback guys. :up:

· Registered
390 Posts
Numbers or not, the car f'n moves now... I can vouch for #2 not believing the numbers... shit, we were asking jeff to make sure everything was on par, and the car just kept putting out the numbers...

and i don't think that it's fair to compare to an RSX, the header does appear to make a big difference. an 05 RSX tuned the same day

http://forums.evans-tuning.com/viewtopic.php?t=3336

congrats man, she def is a beast :up:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.