Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am tuning my accord type s (k24a3) and i am vondering what is the best intake manifold for my car, and wich bigger trotle body, because my is with eletronic, i cant find it on internet.

What size are stock injectors, and what size i need for skunk 2 stage 2 camshaft?

I have racing header, CAI K&N, 45 degres VTC meh., unichip eletronic, racing clutch, light flywhell.....

Thanks.

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts
keep that manifold you have on there or go with a tsx manifold. you will lose low end tq if i remember right and the gains to rbc will be minimal. You also can get rid of that head, get a k20 head and a rbc and see some really nice gains with those cams.

Are you dead set on skunk2 cams? Wouldn't be my first or last choice but to each his own. Get a set of RDX injectors when you upgrade.

Im not 100 percent sure the rbc will fit in your accord either though. may have to get someone else to verify that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bro...

I dont know what size are mine stock injectors, and what size i need to run properly.

I dont want k20 head, because for that 1200euro i can find realy nice camshafts, valves and ported my head to maximum???

Is my TB (63mm) to small for good gains???

My car is for every day car, and i dont vant to tune it so hard that my wife cant go to work with car.

Please give me sugestions!

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,372 Posts
for 1200 euro you can get a port job, valves, and camshafts??? um i'd check on all that again if i were you man. keep it simple. run a set of good tried and true cams that don't have any problems. if ya wife is driving this thing then i would keep it so that you positive the car doesn't break otherwise you sleepin on the couch without any croatian happy happy fun time if you get my drift. look at turoku cams for it. cheap and good numbers and run stock valvetrain. i believe they make them for the k24. 410cc is good for injectors. just run RDX like i said. better spray pattern than rc injectors. you will be happy with that reliable combo. upgrade the tb if you want but without a more aggressive cam to back up the need for more air then i wouldn't find it necessary. just go that route, put it on the dyno and see how you like it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL man
My wife is considering to kill me!!!

I now have 180hp on whells, and 250nM.
I bore my VTC mehanizam to 45 degres, put a Hondata gasket, and considering wich manifold and Tb to buy.

You sad to stay on this manifold, but i need more HP :)
Maybe to port my manifold??

What is wrong with skunk2?
My motor is K24a3, what cams can i put in my car (k20a????)

Sorry for all that questions, and bad english!

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
Zujo, you really want torque before horsepower in a big heavy Accord. You can keep your intake manifold and have it port matched to the head. Is the K24a3 head a true VTEC head? I'm running a k24a2 from a USDM TSX. Even though my car is light I like to have torque for in city driving. If it was a track car or one for pure highway miles I would go with the RBC Head/intake system.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yu scare my with question is my head true VTEC head.
I was sure it is, but i dont know.

Yes it is!
we lover the VTEC on 5200rpm (standard on 6000rpm) and controling I-vtec to turn wen we want.
I want more HP, what to do?

Here is my few videos, please coment here.
Thanks.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7C1jtWQ8C0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSr_8Lebyc8
sorry my cellfone is ringing in secund video :(

I have K&N CAI, racing headers & complet exaust, racing clutch & flywheel, 45degres VTC meh, LSD ITR DC5,hondata gasket...
I didnt open engine jet, but i want.
What is the best setup for every day car.

MAX STAGE 2!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes i have seen it.
But my car dont have cable on TB, it has eletronic mehanizam.
I dont want to cut or make something to configure that TB, i want buy drive by wire Tb, plag &play.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts