Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:07 pm Post subject: Hondata K-series 4 bar map sensor problem??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I been having problems with my car hestitating, jerking, cutting off, and at times it would start and shut off in a matter of seconds... This happened after I installed Hondata 4 bar map sensor and I changed the map settings in kpro to the hondata/omni bar 4 bar map..

I ran some tests with my Honda HDS system when the car is at ignII and the Hondata Map sensor reads at .22v. And when I unplug the sensor, it still reads at .22v. I installed the stock map sensor back in and it read at 2.74v and 4.74 v with it unplugged.. According the RSX service manual, if it reads .23v or less, there is something wrong with the map sensor itself or the the ground or wire from the ecu of the map sensor.
My question is, what is the correct voltage the hondata map sensor should be reading at when ignII is on?

I tried calling Hondata Tech Support and the guy kept telling me that I can't read anything from the map until the car is actually on.. I asked to speak to an engineer and he denied me.. He didn't know wtf he was really talking about and wasn't listening to what I actually was saying and was no help at at..

Anyways, I have swapped back to the factory map sensor and config. kpro to the factory map and now the car runs good. I am hoping that was the problem. I checked the connections and wires and everything looked good. I even tried to wiggle it and etc with the car on and it was fine..

Anybody have problems with the k-series Hondata 4 bar map sensor yet?
And, do I need to change the scalar offset settings, b/c I left that alone when I config. it...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
yeah, me too.... I mean its possible, there is always a bad one out of the 1000 made, I am sure of it...
Yeah this is going to happen for sure the big thing is that someone Backs it.
I still have a NICE NEW GT4088r that was bad from the first start up and no one could help:)

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
damn, how much was that turbo??? Isn't garrett turbos under warranty?
I got it with a kit but I think its around $1,600+
The ppl I got the kit from ran me around and I got the same turbo back doing the same thing after another $200 in shipping.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good deal.. another satisfied customer...:up:
Yes Sir... GReat customer service... I def. will order again from k20tuned and refer all my friends to you too... :up:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts