Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to get rid of the sunroof weight never been a fan of the sunroof.
I've searched and I can't find a vendor or a manufacturer of the roof plug.
does anyone have a picture of what the ceiling looks like without the headliner? I would like to remove the headliner in the sunroof parts and put a plug in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Would like to get rid of the sunroof weight never been a fan of the sunroof.
I've searched and I can't find a vendor or a manufacturer of the roof plug.
does anyone have a picture of what the ceiling looks like without the headliner? I would like to remove the headliner in the sunroof parts and put a plug in.
This has been awhile but usually people replace the roof entirely. use a base model roof panel that does not have one. I know there were even carbon options for the sedan.
i know dead thread but this deserved a response someone else may want to do this

Reactions: Them Witches

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
This has been awhile but usually people replace the roof entirely. use a base model roof panel that does not have one. I know there were even carbon options for the sedan.
i know dead thread but this deserved a response someone else may want to do this
removing "dead weight" from the top of the car anywhere is great thing. the way you describe is structurally the best option and is weight cautious. the dc5 sunroof assembly is 32lbs i know that much and the replacement seal is $130 @ 20% off

·
Registered
393 Posts
removing "dead weight" from the top of the car anywhere is great thing. the way you describe is structurally the best option and is weight cautious. the dc5 sunroof assembly is 32lbs i know that much and the replacement seal is $130 @ 20% off
I was looking at my FG2 today on the fence on replacing the roof panel (hail monster attack) personally I kind of like the moon roof but i did think about doing the delete and did the research before maybe if the car becomes more track oriented. its feasible but costly to do it right. you need a body shop that can work with the Honda adhesives and money. yes your car is glued together if its a 8th gen civic.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I was looking at my FG2 today on the fence on replacing the roof panel (hail monster attack) personally I kind of like the moon roof but i did think about doing the delete and did the research before maybe if the car becomes more track oriented. its feasible but costly to do it right. you need a body shop that can work with the Honda adhesives and money. yes your car is glued together if its a 8th gen civic.
anytime you can move weight it is a plus. the sunroof is like having a big luggage container (30-40lb) on top of the car. anytime you are in aggressive turning that weight is moving around up top too thou it is not moving by sight.. kind of like you trying to escape someone while they are pushing down on your head. lower the weight the better.

All Honda chassis are lathered up in adhesives, I am stitch welding my dc5. I see it. At least you have a rigid chassis starting point.

·
Registered
393 Posts
anytime you can move weight it is a plus. the sunroof is like having a big luggage container (30-40lb) on top of the car. anytime you are in aggressive turning that weight is moving around up top too thou it is not moving by sight.. kind of like you trying to escape someone while they are pushing down on your head. lower the weight the better.

All Honda chassis are lathered up in adhesives, I am stitch welding my dc5. I see it. At least you have a rigid chassis starting point.
DC5 thats a sweet ride bit sad from the factory but with a little tlc and vision it becomes a beauty. The FG oh boy the things is a nightmare now. iv been dealing with mouse hell for 2 weeks little fks had a war inside my car. but its ok removed the interior cleaned everything out all the little mouse presents. funny thing is when i pulled the rear interior panels i found what appeared to be factory installed mouse nests LOL seriously not kidding black trash bags filled with inso they found them and you know what they did with the factory installed nest moved strait in. headliner was trashed going to PW it maybe i can save the board but if not they can be had next year.
What part number is the mouse nest going to ask my honda parts guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts