Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That seems to be a sick build. It also seems to be very reliable due to the fact that they are using all oem parts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i like it cause i went from h22 to k20 so i have tons of h22 parts laying around. that would be sick on motor and so sick turbo'd. I wonder if this is similar to what brauning motorsports did with their n/a rsx

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Been there, done that :D
Its kinda easy and cheap mod to the s2000, (nowadays called S2400), it make some more torque now. My revlimit is set to 8100rpm but the hk is still climbing.

I used Probe I-beam rods, they are kinda small so I didn´t need to notch the lower skirts.
But I like my oil squirters, so I notched my pistons to clear the squirters. I have drive 5000miles with no problems.

Here some pics on my S2400:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
No, not yet.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
can someone post the recipe for that combo? My internet at my job block almost all website except k20a loll That will be food for my mind this morning

thanks guys :up:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
K24 crank, H22 rods (big end narrowed to width of crank journal), F20 piston. Pretty much it. Similar to using the F20 crank in the K20, the crank will need machined a lil bit, and I would probably have the rod journals machined as opposed to the rods.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
So if i understand, with a k24 crank, custom h22 rod and my f22 oem piston, i can have a low cost stroker kit for my s2000?

Know anyone who did it? but malkolm can you say if that was "pain in the ass" to do it?

thanks again

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I used K24 crank, H22 rods (big end narrowed to width of crank journal), and JDM H22 type-S pistons to get as high Comp.ratio as possible, I think I got something like 11.4 :1

Bearings is F20c and k24a2.

If you never have build a motor before this is pain in the ass, but if you have build a couple before this is like a walk in the park. :)

You will need some management then, I tried Apexi V-afc but that didnt work any good because you need to adjust timing, so now I have AEM EMS and RDX 410cc injectors.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I used K24 crank, H22 rods (big end narrowed to width of crank journal), and JDM H22 type-S pistons to get as high Comp.ratio as possible, I think I got something like 11.4 :1

Bearings is F20c and k24a2.

If you never have build a motor before this is pain in the ass, but if you have build a couple before this is like a walk in the park. :)

You will need some management then, I tried Apexi V-afc but that didnt work any good because you need to adjust timing, so now I have AEM EMS and RDX 410cc injectors.
How high do you rev it? I imagine it has a much better powerband now.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Revlimit is set to 8100rpm.
Vtec is lowered 600rpm to 5500rpm or 5600rpm.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
K24 crank, H22 rods (big end narrowed to width of crank journal), F20 piston. Pretty much it. Similar to using the F20 crank in the K20, the crank will need machined a lil bit, and I would probably have the rod journals machined as opposed to the rods.
I think they said you use the H series rods and pistons...

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
To do it right it is better to use a custom piston and rod combo to account for the increase in stroke.

I helped my friend in greece do a few of these. With S2000 IPS cams being out this week as well as a ported head, things will get really interesting for S2000 all motor and forced induction power.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
So doing this "combo" will be cheaper then a BC stroker kit? and for the rod/piston how you can have the right one to build it? Where i can find the spec for that, probably on s2ki but anyone know somewhere else?

I think i will do it, i have a blowed f20 but the sleeve are ok, i just want to know if that will be that hard to do it, that will be a perfect time killer for winter season.

thanks for tips guys :up:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts