Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since, this is my first post and I just recently joined, let me introduce myself.
My name is Justin and I drive a 2001 Civic EX (em2) with a k20a2 swap and boosted. You can also find me on 7thgen/k-series/and clubrsx. Now to my question.

I am putting the k20a2 and turbo back into my car; now that my paint job is finished, I need your opinion on the exhuast. I have this rare opportunity of gettting an Amuse Titanium Exhaust system, only weighs 12.9 LBS imported from Japan for only $1100, $800 off normal price. The only bad thing is the piping diameter is 2.5". I am running a high compression/low boost set up since I enjoy road racing. ... read as torquey, light, strong, badass, NOT loud, big and max whp. Since, I road race, the weight I save will help me a lot when accelerating out of the corners, its light and that means a lot on a track, plus the smaller diameter should help with torque even on a turbo setup.

This is the reason why I am interested in the exhuast system. But, I don't want to lighten my car while sacrificing to much power. Engine wise, I have power enterprise injectors, FMC and K-Pro and will be boosting around 7psi on average.

Should I jump on this oportunity for a titanium exhaust system due to the extreme light weight, or just use my current 3" exhaust system? Will the 2.5" diameter piping cause to much back pressure for my setup or do you think the loss in power will be minimal?

Also, when I put the engine back, in I will finally be dyno tuning it. Any "Tuner Gods" out there near Palmdale/Lancaster, CA who can help?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Re: Exhuast System: Need Input

Palmdale... Who did your exhaust? Eastside?

Personally I would go 3", I will be going 3" on my all motor setup...

but stick around and see what some of these other guys say.

and as far as tuning I think you are going to have to go down to the valley to get that done. What are you tuning with K-pro?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Exhuast System: Need Input

jon v said:
Palmdale... Who did your exhaust? Eastside?
No, my exhaust was custom made from a fab shop. Although, I have been to Eastside muffler before.

jon v said:
What are you tuning with K-pro?
Yeah, I will be tuning with K-pro :dance:

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I would stick with your 3". I also wanted to try and find a Ti exhaust for my EK hatch but everything that is out there is eigther to small or not exactly what i wanted (I have decided to run a custom 3" underaxle exhaust). Since you are boosting I would thing you would need at least 3".

It has been said a couple of times on here that the exhaust is one of the most restrictive things on these engines, so go big and you should see some nice numbers... Are you turbo'd or SC?

The only people even remotely close that I know that can tune K-pro is Pacman and Shawn Church @ Church automotive, both of which are down in the valley somewhere...

You should PM Pacman on here and see what he says about teh exhaust. If I am not mistaken he is still building a crazy turbo'd K motor, and he should be able to help you out with the tuning...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jon v said:
Are you turbo'd or SC?
Turbo'd

jon v said:
The only people even remotely close that I know that can tune K-pro is Pacman and Shawn Church @ Church automotive, both of which are down in the valley somewhere...

You should PM Pacman on here and see what he says about teh exhaust. If I am not mistaken he is still building a crazy turbo'd K motor, and he should be able to help you out with the tuning...
Thanks for the info.. I'll PM Pacman and look up Church automotive

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Kseries boost = 3" exhaust
I am upgrading as soon as possible. However some motor setups only need 3" exhaust and downpiping on the first 1/2, then switch to 2.5 or 2.75". By the time the exhaust reaches the rear it doesn't need to expand as much and some back pressure is kept for daily driving, if that is your thing.
My team has a CRX with a Jspec B18C5 JRSC with a Kamikaze 4-1 to 3" collector bypassing original cat position then switches to 2.5. This is supercharging though and no would know the difference it is still fast and loud.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
a smaller exhaust will never net you a lowend power on a turbo car simply due to the fack that a bigger exhaust will allow the turbo to spool faster creating more" low end" than the smaller one

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
jon v said:
Correction, Pacmans dyno is in signal hill and church's dyno is in wilmington

My dyno will be in northridge, 1 hr south of palmdale and im very good with k-pro tuning.

Mikey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.