Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need another option for the exhaust. Currently, I am running r-crew header and exhaust for the swap, but the sound/noise is getting to me. It is extremely loud under acceleration :silly:. Have anyone tried or found a silencer that does not effect the performance? thx for input

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Join the crew Huy, I've already got a ticket for loud exhaust :p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
blah, I know that there is a company that makes a piece of material that we can weld on the exhaust to smoothen out the exhaust gases that travels out to the muffler. Just like a silencer for a gun, in terms it does the same effect. I need to do some digging but I know there is something out there :silly:

·
Registered
513 Posts
blah, I know that there is a company that makes a piece of material that we can weld on the exhaust to smoothen out the exhaust gases that travels out to the muffler. Just like a silencer for a gun, in terms it does the same effect. I need to do some digging but I know there is something out there :silly:
subscribed

·
trial user
12,673 Posts
I am wondering which motor and upgrades you have as well as chassis. What header, muffler and exhaust, catback? See I run a TSX in an EG w/an old SSR Budget header. Got plenty of pull and the exhaust purrs. Has a good tone. None too loud so it do not attract rice & cops. No cat and an Apexi system.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
running k20 with supercharger from jr. header and exhaust is from r-crew. It sounds very nice and low when i am not pushing it, but when the vtec engages, it becomes more of unbearable. I can't have a conversation with someone from cruising lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You are describing a resonator...do you have one at all? This one is labelled as a muffler, but it works great as a resonator...http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D24215&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Mine is 2.5" in and out, welded in just after the header. There is also a 3" and other sizes. I chose this one because it has holes that go to the outside that do not interfere with flow. It looks like a smooth straight tube when you look through it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are describing a resonator...do you have one at all? This one is labelled as a muffler, but it works great as a resonator...http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=WLK%2D24215&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Mine is 2.5" in and out, welded in just after the header. There is also a 3" and other sizes. I chose this one because it has holes that go to the outside that do not interfere with flow. It looks like a smooth straight tube when you look through it.
i have a resonator and I do not want to add another resonator because it will add back pressure, in theory, you will restrict airflow. Did you dyno to see the difference, if there are any difference? I will find what I am looking for to post, stay tune :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts