Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
just wanted to know that can i use evo 7/8 injectors in k20 typr r head? if yes then can any one one help me how? and what about changes?

·
Registered
49 Posts
They do fit. From what I understand that evo 10 injectors are 600cc and you need to repin the injector clips with 93-98 la sc300 clips. Correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it mean wont be able to use ev0 7/8/9 injectors in k20? i have many evo stock injectors at my friends place,can u help me how can i fit in k20? like bolt on?

·
Registered
46 Posts
RSX injector:

EVO injector:

It looks to me like the EVO injector is a denso style 11mm inlet, while the RSX is a 14mm. You'd need a custom fuel rail, minimum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Those are evo x injectors, wasn't he asking about evo 7/8/9? I agree, the newer injectors that come OE are fantastic. There's one OE application injector that can be modified to flow over 1000cc/min.

I use decapped WRX injectors on my MR2 with E85 and they work really well. They idle better than stock.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I understand he asked about evo 7/8/9 but I don't see any problem fitting them if you can fit evo ten injectors on a k20a2

·
Registered
46 Posts
The issue is that the injector bodies are significantly different between the 4B11t EVO X motor and the earlier gen 4G63 EVOs. The later injectors are much closer to the RSX injectors which is why they interchange so easily. Evo 7-9 injectors won't be as easy. They use bosch style clips, and the inlets are smaller than the K20 rail. Granted, rail extrusion isn't exactly expensive so a custom rail might only run $20 worth of materials and half an hour in a drill press, but still..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actually i am very confused ,i have took off my stock injectors filter to make it 520cc but when ever i write 520cc in kpro instead of 310,the car dosnt idle properly,setup is k24 all motor,what kind of injectors and clips i need? i am new in it any one can guide?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts