Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a k20a going into a 94 integra gsr....ive looked at other complet swaps and notice that some have the evaporative emission control canister still and some dont. Can i run mine without it? what if any effect does it have to have it or not have it? if i run without it, do i have to do anything besides just remove the canister and rubber hoses? im asking this cause the other day when pulling my motor the intake mani bumped the yellow orangish hose that runs from the canister to the fuel filter and the plastic fitting at the fuel filter snapped off with part inside the hose (do to old age the plastic was very weak)

thank you ahead of time for the help and time out of your day to answer my question:up:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i did some searching and found good info.....im just gonna relocate it and keep it.....but i still have a question.....does the yellow orangish hose have to be up by the fuel filter or can i just cut it lower as long as its facing upwards? or can i take it off completely? it looks to be just ventelation, but i dont see why it runs up to the fuel filter

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so now i have another question.....im keeping the evap can, do i need to relocate it or will it be fine in the stock location or will the motor interfere when i drop the swap in?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come on someone has to know whether or not i have to move the evap can or i can leave it in its stock position:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts