Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Car; Civic EK3
Engine; JDM K20A

Today i've started the build on this hatch. Removed the D15Z6, installed Clutch on the K20a.

Overview parts, more to come;

Fidanza Flywheel Installed;

ACT Clutch;

KTuned Swivelneck Thermostat;

Hybrid Racing Black Fuel Rail, tucked lines/filter (later)

Hondata Intake Gasket;

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
Nice and simple.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice work!!:up::up: good luck with that act clutch, I would have gone with something else their reputation with k-series is bad. What made you with ekk1's?
Funny you name the two things that I would have some difficulty with if this was my own car.

The customer who I'm building this car for bought the ACT clutch himself.. and the EKK1 mounts I had laying around because JHP sent me the silver ones like 3 times... while Bas (bask20a-pr0n-car-build-by-randall-the-hot-partswhore) ordered the black ones.. So I was able to offer the EKK1 mounts cheap..

They come with issues though. I had to trim the headlight to make the belt run free. Also the R-crew header doesn't fit because of the ABS unit, so therefore I need to modify the header.

So yeah.. that basically explains it...

·
Registered
649 Posts
So tonny...you rather mod. the header, then mod the abs system?

I was brainstorming about my abs setup at first, but it never crossed my mind to mod. the header! I would say just route the abs somewhere else.

I just ditched the mofo, because bas rubbed a bbk in my face...:rolleyes:

oh yeah...BUMP:silly:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So tonny...you rather mod. the header, then mod the abs system?

I was brainstorming about my abs setup at first, but it never crossed my mind to mod. the header! I would say just route the abs somewhere else.

I just ditched the mofo, because bas rubbed a bbk in my face...:rolleyes:

oh yeah...BUMP:silly:
It's not my choice... I told to the customer to remove the ABS.... He wants all that the pussy safety stuff stays in... so I have no other choice.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts