Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am not trying to bash the EP3, am an owner my self. :notbad:

But thats hard to believe thats a k20a3 with bolt ons, we max out with full bolt ons and Kpro at ~180whp.

Krazy props, just hard to believe, am thinking maybe a VTEC Killer setup or K20a2.
k24 under the hood.

·
Registered
441 Posts
MIR is only track that is gives you the most accurate times and mph. ive been going there for 3 years. i would prefer a track that is honest them some lame fast track.
Sounds like you have been to both tracks? By your posts I beg to differ.....I will be more than happy to run your cammed Si...we should be about even considering you trapped 103(?) at MIR and I went 107 @ Atco? I will be sure to hit you up when I'm down there...

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's pointless to argue about how much faster this or that track is. Obviously your 5.0 with weight reduction and modded/tuned isn't a 111mph car, though. 111 to 120 is a ridiculous difference and hard for me to believe you had the same mods/reduction on a similar weather day.

You ever hear of RangerC6? He set numerous records at MIR, mostly with the C6 Z06. 10.71 @130 I believe is his best. I'm not saying records haven't been set elsewhere, but that trap discrepancy seems awfully weird. I may try to come down there in the Spring to run my car just to see. I've always wanted to run at MIR and/or Cecil.

Yeah....I'm not too sure what comparing 2 different MPHs from two separate tracks down there has to do with Island or any other track up here being faster, either. :shrug:

That's funny tho that there is a running joke down there, because there is one up here too about Cecil "downhill". :coleman:

I mean if a 220-230whp stock Evo can trap 102-103, I don't see why adding another 50whp and going another 4-5mph is considered "fast" when reality is, it's really considered the norm. 340whp @ 110mph traps in an Evo seems slow at any track and an example more or less to try and prove a point...but like i said, I have no personal experience with those tracks.

I'm just sayin...I think if I went to an Evo forum and asked what a 340whp Evo would trap, their responses would be higher than 110. Then again, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Exactly, Killin nailed it! MIR is one of the most honest tracks in the country, no BS downhill curvature at the end of the track (NHRA tracks allow up to a 2 foot variance from the 1/8 mile to the 1/4 mile finish line, timing clocks are calibrated every weekend etc...). MIR is legit and that's why it hosts the largest drag events of the year. It also has the best track prep system of any track in MD,NY,NJ,VA,DE,PA... Like I said I'll run my 111 Mph Coyote vs a 111 Mph RSX any day. Or maybe it would be more fair for my 107-108 Mph (MIR) RSX to line up with YR RSX lol, something tells me he wouldn't stretch my Rsx like a 111 Mph car should??! And I'm not hating on his car or setup, he is quick. But there mostly definitely are variances from track to track (some larger than others).
I don't really see what bringing my car into this has to do with anything?

Honestly just seems kinda funny we are getting comments such as "I never released the real ETs of my RSX since I street raced it" and basically trying to infer that island is a faster track than MIR and that's why my RSX went faster than yours trap wise, but reality was my car just out powered yours gas to gas and you never came through on your comments about coming here with the car, so I guess we will never know.

It was kind of like you were all giddy about coming down here when my car went 13.2 @ 106 but as soon as it went 12.9 @ 111, you didn't talk about it anymore. :wwhat:

If you still have the car, bring it here Spring 2015 and we can do this, stock K20 vs. stock K20. :)

Edit - Thenagain, it's New YEars and I'm drunk...but that's how I read it.lol

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
MIR is only track that is gives you the most accurate times and mph. ive been going there for 3 years. i would prefer a track that is honest them some lame fast track.
You sound ignorant. Just because your car went slow down there doesn't mean the tracks are faster up here. I'm pretty positive you wouldn't go any faster up here either. The issue isn't your tracks....so unless you've personally taken your car to both tracks, your opinion doesn't mean shit....sorry.

Pretty sure we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, as me and Sonnick basically share the same opinions and the two of you, and vice versa.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Sounds like you have been to both tracks? By your posts I beg to differ.....I will be more than happy to run your cammed Si...we should be about even considering you trapped 103(?) at MIR and I went 107 @ Atco? I will be sure to hit you up when I'm down there...
I've been to all of the tracks around here. Come on down, we can give it a run if I still have my Rsx. Seems like that big ole J might pull me tho :/

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I don't really see what bringing my car into this has to do with anything?

Honestly just seems kinda funny we are getting comments such as "I never released the real ETs of my RSX since I street raced it" and basically trying to infer that island is a faster track than MIR and that's why my RSX went faster than yours trap wise, but reality was my car just out powered yours gas to gas and you never came through on your comments about coming here with the car, so I guess we will never know.

It was kind of like you were all giddy about coming down here when my car went 13.2 @ 106 but as soon as it went 12.9 @ 111, you didn't talk about it anymore. :wwhat:

If you still have the car, bring it here Spring 2015 and we can do this, stock K20 vs. stock K20. :)

Edit - Thenagain, it's New YEars and I'm drunk...but that's how I read it.lol
Yes, that's basically what I'm saying. I don't ever remember you running my Rsx either... Or "out powering" it lol. The only thing I remember is hitting a 12.92 on radials. Like I said, I have a true 111 Mph 5.0 you can run or a 107 Mph RSX you can run. Don't get mad when your "111 Mph Trap" rsx fails to pull my 107 Mph Rsx tho... Oh and YR, remember I'm doing all of this, but with No Drag Cartel Cams, No Mapps built, No Xenocron Tune lol. Just a simple little stock long block k20 with bolt-ons.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've been to all of the tracks around here. Come on down, we can give it a run if I still have my Rsx. Seems like that big ole J might pull me tho :/
I meant Killin considering he basically called my times BS because I went to a "lame fast track." But if I come down, yea cool. I think you will pull me though. Weather was on my side that day, it's a 106mph car.

I wanna do more stuff but I'm getting married. I'd love some e85 and a J32 swap.....

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yes, that's basically what I'm saying. I don't ever remember you running my Rsx either... Or "out powering" it lol. The only thing I remember is hitting a 12.92 on radials. Like I said, I have a true 111 Mph 5.0 you can run or a 107 Mph RSX you can run. Don't get mad when your "111 Mph Trap" rsx fails to pull my 107 Mph Rsx tho... Oh and YR, remember I'm doing all of this, but with No Drag Cartel Cams, No Mapps built, No Xenocron Tune lol. Just a simple little stock long block k20 with bolt-ons.
Please, you have a tuner following you around with your car making tweaks every week. I've had 2 tunes done to my car (not a million revisions due to the weather changing) and don't need race gas to run fast times, either. Also, I ran what I ran on 2 track passes (after you said it couldn't be done, maybe that's why you're bitter?), not 50-100. When are you coming up here?

And ya I have DC cams, but I have stock head work, unlike you. :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sonnick, I'm just saying my opinion on this whole track or deal. I would prefer to have an honest track then a lying track.

You sound ignorant. Just because your car went slow down there doesn't mean the tracks are faster up here. I'm pretty positive you wouldn't go any faster up here either. The issue isn't your tracks....so unless you've personally taken your car to both tracks, your opinion doesn't mean shit....sorry.

Pretty sure we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one, as me and Sonnick basically share the same opinions and the two of you, and vice versa.
Sir? I sound ignorant? You are ignorant. Don't and I never said in my post that my car went slow here or fast here. Don't be making horse hockey stuff and to be honest I'm in titled to a opinion. Don't get all butt hurt here.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I meant Killin considering he basically called my times BS because I went to a "lame fast track." But if I come down, yea cool. I think you will pull me though. Weather was on my side that day, it's a 106mph car.

I wanna do more stuff but I'm getting married. I'd love some e85 and a J32 swap.....
Where in my post did I say that I called your times lame? Now you're twisting things.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sir? I sound ignorant? You are ignorant. Don't and I never said in my post that my car went slow here or fast here. Don't be making horse hockey stuff and to be honest I'm in titled to a opinion. Don't get all butt hurt here.
How so?

You have never been to any track up here but talk like your word is the truth. I'm just saying that your car wouldn't run any faster up here, it would be just as slow, since you think the tracks are so "lame and dishonest". Speaking of being dishonest...you posted in that thread that you were happy to only lose by .5 a car, but looks more like you got beat by about 3 cars. What/who is dishonest again?

If you were right, this Civic Si that lined up next to me w/ I/E/FP Base map shoulda trapped 100+ easily then right? So why did it only go 93mph?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTETLiDYGM

Guess the theory only applies to certain cars, or whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night. Jealous much? Thanks for the laughs.

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sonnick, I'm just saying my opinion on this whole track or deal. I would prefer to have an honest track then a lying track.
Where in my post did I say that I called your times lame? Now you're twisting things.
Considering you responded to me in those two posts above, that leads me to believe you are saying Atco & Island are "lame fast tracks," and that MIR is the only honest track. So you didn't actually say it, but you didn't have to. If I'm wrong my bad, but... :devil:

·
Registered
418 Posts
How so?

You have never been to any track up here but talk like your word is the truth. I'm just saying that your car wouldn't run any faster up here, it would be just as slow, since you think the tracks are so "lame and dishonest". Speaking of being dishonest...you posted in that thread that you were happy to only lose by .5 a car, but looks more like you got beat by about 3 cars. What/who is dishonest again?

If you were right, this Civic Si that lined up next to me w/ I/E/FP Base map shoulda trapped 100+ easily then right? So why did it only go 93mph?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klTETLiDYGM

Guess the theory only applies to certain cars, or whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night. Jealous much? Thanks for the laughs.
So what if I haven't been to every track on the east coast
And quite honestly I could careless if my car ran faster or slower. Know why I don't care ? Because it's a damn daily. You sir are damn butthurt over my little opinion and you are blowing it out of per portion. Also I havent nothing to be jealoud about. I built my car the way I wanted it to be. Not to pleasure youself or others
So go sit down and take a chill pill.

Considering you responded to me in those two posts above, that leads me to believe you are saying Atco & Island are "lame fast tracks," and that MIR is the only honest track. So you didn't actually say it, but you didn't have to. If I'm wrong my bad, but... :devil:
No I didn't say Atco and or island are lame. You thought I did but I didn't. I said it as a general thing, my apology for not being clear.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Please, you have a tuner following you around with your car making tweaks every week. I've had 2 tunes done to my car (not a million revisions due to the weather changing) and don't need race gas to run fast times, either. Also, I ran what I ran on 2 track passes (after you said it couldn't be done, maybe that's why you're bitter?), not 50-100. When are you coming up here?

And ya I have DC cams, but I have stock head work, unlike you. :)
Yeah, my tuner is a personal friend, so lol?? I said it was possible to run 12s on a radial, I just stated you would have to take more weight out or make more power, and you took more weight out lol! I was also one of the first ppl to congratulate you on your time. Trust me i'm not hating or bitter lol, I went 12.92 on pump E90 (no race fuel) also DA for the day was +900 FT lol! And if you think I have extensive headwork to run how my car does then keep telling yourself that, it obviously makes you feel better to think this, in reality all that's done is the manifold was port matched to the head port mouths.

I'm not driving all the way up there to run for free. If I come up it would be from a dig for cash, motor 2 motor, tire 2 tire. Or if you want to run me for free you can come down my way and I'll gladly do a 40 roll with you. I just haven't seen anything from your car in like 7-8 months lol, I thought it was broken.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Yeah, my tuner is a personal friend, so lol?? I said it was possible to run 12s on a radial, I just stated you would have to take more weight out or make more power, and you took more weight out lol! I was also one of the first ppl to congratulate you on your time. Trust me i'm not hating or bitter lol, I went 12.92 on pump E90 (no race fuel) also DA for the day was +900 FT lol! And if you think I have extensive headwork to run how my car does then keep telling yourself that, it obviously makes you feel better to think this, in reality all that's done is the manifold was port matched to the head port mouths.

I'm not driving all the way up there to run for free. If I come up it would be from a dig for cash, motor 2 motor, tire 2 tire. Or if you want to run me for free you can come down my way and I'll gladly do a 40 roll with you. I just haven't seen anything from your car in like 7-8 months lol, I thought it was broken.
Deny it all you want but you were hardcore hating, saying the car wouldn't go 12s on a radial just because you weren't able to do it. Don't make me search for PMs, lol. I'm glad I inspired you tho to finally do what I did on my 1st pass at the track...I wouldn't be bragging tho when you got out trapped by 4 mph. Where is your MPH?

Ya that gust of wind you got on your 150th track pass finally put your shit into the 12s, lol. 95% of your other runs are 13 second passes, shit, probably 99% of your other runs are 13 second passes. Did you even back up this magical 12 second pass?

Only thing that I changed on my car was the bumper and passenger seat for the track. I roll around with a full exhaust and stock wheels...don't need to rip off my exhaust or run skinnies to put my car into the 12s either, and oh ya, I did it on 100% of my passes there, lol.

Better start saving then, hopefully you won't have any excuses come Spring/Summer when we do this for cash and finally settle it. Then again, you'll probably wanna bring the Mustang b/c you know what's gonna happen to that RSX, lol. We'll see how much you're still talking come Spring. Pump E90, lol.....is there even such a thing?

My car is currently getting work done, what work? Well that's for me to know and you to never find out Mr. shady street racer, lmao.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
So what if I haven't been to every track on the east coast
And quite honestly I could careless if my car ran faster or slower. Know why I don't care ? Because it's a damn daily. You sir are damn butthurt over my little opinion and you are blowing it out of per portion. Also I havent nothing to be jealoud about. I built my car the way I wanted it to be. Not to pleasure youself or others
So go sit down and take a chill pill.
My car was my daily too up until the beginning of this year....try another lame excuse as to why your car is slow. The issue is you're drinking too much of that SoloDC kool-aid......he doesn't know all, believe me, shit I made him eat a crow when he said the car wouldn't go 12s on a radial....first and second passes after driving the car 150 miles to the track. Haha, thanks for the laughs guys.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts