Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm glad to have been added, and probably should have been on here years ago. I've already had a few Honda's but have finally gotten a K series with a 2002 EP3 I purchased. The car was wrecked and a child had taken a torch to the suspension folding springs and struts to almost 45' angles. I'm working on it little by little, but i'm hearing some noise from the throw out bearing and am interested in doing a 6spd swap when the time comes. Can I simply get a type R shifter kit and a 6spd transmission and make this work? Or what do I need to do?

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the iirc? Also, if I use a Type R shift assembly, will that provide the reverse lock out? Or is there something else I don't understand about the reverse lock out? I'm competent enough to not shift into reverse, but I feel like its just a good idea to have it.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
iirc = if I recall correctly

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
What is the iirc? Also, if I use a Type R shift assembly, will that provide the reverse lock out? Or is there something else I don't understand about the reverse lock out? I'm competent enough to not shift into reverse, but I feel like its just a good idea to have it.
At the end of the day, the reverse lockout will only work if you have a 6spd ECU that has the feature in it.. Type R, Type S, TSX, all of them.. You need to have the proper shifter mechanism on the transmission and the proper ECU to activate it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
basically it makes impossible to shift into reverse if the car is moving at a given speed(5-10 mph). It's controlled by the ecu and it activate a solenoid. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. You might not need one but if you do shift into reverse by mistake while driving it will destroy your transmission

1 - 10 of 10 Posts