Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I'm just wondering who on here races ep3s, what their setup is, and their 1/4 mile times are with that chassis

I'm trying to get my ep3 to reach 12s 1 4 miles and I wondering what people that are reaching that time with an ep3 chassis are packing so I can have a better idea of what I need to do to get there as well.

All I want are some ideas so I can be faster on the streets and go to a track on the weekend to mess around:dance:

Ok guys sense I've had some decent feed back so far I want to implement a table with times mph and setup.

This is what I have so far:

Brit racer[email protected] k20a 10psi---stock ---slicks---2400lbs w/d
Dougie[email protected]/C Rotrex k22a2---forged BC cams, crower stroker---slicks---2404lbs w/d
03k20a3si[email protected] k20a2 20psi---forged BP Head, Wiseco pistons---slicks---2700lbsish w/o
Hadi[email protected]/SC JR k20a2 3.2pulley 9psi 50shot---?---Slicks--- ?lbs
Dannievo[email protected] 75wet shot---stock---Slicks---2700lbsish w/o
andy18s[email protected]/k24 n/a---stock?---semi-slicks---2700lbsish w/o

Thanks again to everyone that contributed so far. I will be updateing the list regularly as current drag racers post their better times/new setups or as new users post their info and times:up:

Again please post if available: Time, Speed, Engine, Mods, Tires, and Weight

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey mate,

Quite a few of us are using EP's here in the UK infact it seems to be the car of choise.

The quickest Guy Chamberlin CPL Racing has run 9.91sec @146mph.

I run a Bone stock engine'd EP and did a 10.91 last season, been working on weight reduction over the winter and managed to shed another 25kg so I'll have to see how it goes.

Suspension set-up is key, you can go quicker with the right set-up than you can by just adding more power.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey mate,

Quite a few of us are using EP's here in the UK infact it seems to be the car of choise.

I run a Bone stock engine'd EP and did a 10.91 last season, been working on weight reduction over the winter and managed to shed another 25kg so I'll have to see how it goes.

Suspension set-up is key, you can go quicker with the right set-up than you can by just adding more power.
10.91 on a stock CTR(K20A)? Holy shit...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey mate,

Man thats awesome. Your reaching 10s with no FI?!! what kinda of suspension setups are you talking about?

Do you mind shareing?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts