Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on doin a k20a swap near future but before that, which engine mounting is more reliable the Hasport or Hybrid-racing?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
I have never seen eigther brake.

I don't think there is much of a reliability factor when it comes to mounts...

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Personally i will be using Hybrid mounts...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hybrid-Racing ALL THE WAY!!!! everything of mines is and will be done there. Will is the man!! :up: customer service is the shit too!! :up: ay Will if you didnt know this is John from FL :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
GB Package---is the shit, it still offends my pockets but its good shit...sorry pockets

·
Registered
317 Posts
correct me if im wrong ( im not tryig to be an ass this is just info i heard)

but i heard with hybrids kit u must buy aftermarket axels period,

whereas if u get Hasport u can use type s inners, with gsr outers?

to me that seems easier, pick up a set of type s axels at autozone, that offers full lifetime warranty and no ?'s asked, swap out theouter caps with gsr ( leave the type s ones if your jdm 5 lug) and then go, if u snap an axel put the type s caps back in the box and start with new ones for free?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
eckotyper said:
correct me if im wrong ( im not tryig to be an ass this is just info i heard)

but i heard with hybrids kit u must buy aftermarket axels period,

whereas if u get Hasport u can use type s inners, with gsr outers?

to me that seems easier, pick up a set of type s axels at autozone, that offers full lifetime warranty and no ?'s asked, swap out theouter caps with gsr ( leave the type s ones if your jdm 5 lug) and then go, if u snap an axel put the type s caps back in the box and start with new ones for free?
You are correct. except I think you have to use Prelude mid shafts along with the RSX inners and the GSR outers. Don't quote me on that though...

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Jeez, so if you have to use prelude mids as well, you need 3 sets of axles. And if you have an EG, your stock d's are useless. 3 sets of axles at autozone is going to cost way more than dss stage 1's.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
kopking10 said:
I'm planning on doin a k20a swap near future but before that, which engine mounting is more reliable the Hasport or Hybrid-racing?

I'm using Hybrid-racing and I'm going to put down more then 900whp :up:

So you tell me :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.