Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im in the process of putting my motor back together... But i wanted to know if i have to prep the cylinder walls in anyway before putting the head back on??? Do i have to put any type of lubrication or grease like you have to when installing the cams???

Also how much am i suppose to torque the head bolts and fly wheel bolts down to?? i cant find the torque specs for the motor on that cheap ass online acura service manual.. Let me know please, thanks

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
For the cylinders if the motor sat for a while just use some motor oil a tiny bit
you can use your finger or with an oil squirt bottle but just a bit .You probably dont have to do it but next time the head comes off use a little of lucas just for protection while it sits.
Now the head bolts get torqued to 29 lb ft then in 2 steps of 90* so after torquing to 29 you turn the bolt 90* then another 90* in sequence.

the flywheel bolts get 87 lb ft do it in 3 steps like 37,67,87.
get the rest together and go have fun...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
The head bolts have an extra 90* if you use new bolts. So 3 90* for new bolts. And only 2 90* for used bolts.

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So just to make sure... 90* means 90 degrees, right? Im also going to use new factory head bolts.

And also whats the torque specs and sequence on the rod bolts?

Anyone know where i can find all the torque specs for the motor?

·
Pepsi Soprano
1,365 Posts
yes * means degrees
since your head bolts r new you need 3 steps of 90*
for the mains its 22 lb ft + 56*

·
Banned
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes * means degrees
since your head bolts r new you need 3 steps of 90*
for the mains its 22 lb ft + 56*
Mains is the rod bolts?

Why arent there certain torque specs...lol? How would i measure 56*?? 90* you can do by looking at it by eye, but 56*???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts