Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

381 - 383 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would you say with the k24a4 block with the k24a1 rods and pistons, boosting it would be come with some crazy numbers? I've been reading up on the frank swaps but idk if people do it if they're going for an A/M build.. I'm looking for a boosted build so maybe I should stick with a k20a2 + boost?

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Would you say with the k24a4 block with the k24a1 rods and pistons, boosting it would be come with some crazy numbers? I've been reading up on the frank swaps but idk if people do it if they're going for an A/M build.. I'm looking for a boosted build so maybe I should stick with a k20a2 + boost?
K20 will probably be easier on the tranny with less torque. CRV rods and pistons would be fine once boost doesn't come in too soon, all that load on those tiny rods would be a disaster.

·
Registered
69 Posts
what kinda hp and tq #s did it make
I ended up with 221whp and 190tq.
Not bad considering I had a type r full exhaust with header and cat.
The only aftermarket modification I have is a short ram intake.

I do want to thank EVERYONE who helped me and answered all my questions.
I was re-reading everything and goddamn I was hyper and asked way too many damn questions.
I know its almost 10 years after.
A quick update the RSX still runs GREAT. I still own it and daily drive it. No issues whatsoever Knocks on wood

Its been almost 10 years and I still haven't upgraded to a CAI, Aftermarket race header, or any performance parts.
I've been very happy with the power I have. Next car I'm aiming for is a 2016-2018 Acura ILX.

381 - 383 of 383 Posts