Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey wanted to see if there was any interest to see how this motor was put together, its a customers simple build k24 and should put down 220whp+ / 170wtq. motor will be going in this weekend and then tuning should start from there on a dynapack.

K24a4 (accord) block was dissasembled, only thing that was kept on it was the water pump since that has to remain with the block since the block has no oil cooler assembly (maybe that can be adapted later on) i chose not to include it for simplicity. K24a4 pistons and rods were removed, nothing else internaly.

Here's basically a breakdown of whats NOT needed. whatever i didnt mention is in the middle meaning there is no difference between the K's (example: timing chain gear, crank sensor gear)

Lets really show the difference between the K24a4 and the k24a2 rods + pistons (see the domes)

taking a closer look.

k24a4 block almost complete with the k24a2 pistons and rods inserted.

What is needed to complete the bottom section of the block is shown here.
NOTE: modification is needed to the type s oil pump to be fitted to a k24 block (its not bolt on)

completing the timing chain requirements are listed here.

i really focused when i installed the type s head so halfway pics, but nothing special.
but k24a4 block and k20a2 head together in perfect harmony.

Yes completed, its going to make some one very happy!

K24 OEM CRV Headgasket part number = : 12251-PPA-004

*** I will update the thread when i modify and install the RBC manifold ***

Anyone needs a K built in NYC let me know, from mild to wild ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes!!
I'm a newb, and trying to learn all I can about the K24a4. I have an element, and am trying to learn the best way to start a build up!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
What did you modify on the K20 oil pump?

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Schweeeet Manny. Looks good.
-Jalal

·
Registered
28 Posts
thanks bro, that answered a lot questions that i had. How much power do you expect to get out of this setup as it sits? Does the power increase come from adding the head? Could get any increase from using a txs head on the k24a4 block?

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fireman said:
thanks bro, that answered a lot questions that i had. How much power do you expect to get out of this setup as it sits? Does the power increase come from adding the head? Could get any increase from using a txs head on the k24a4 block?
once said and done should make 220whp, he wont be able to afford a good exhaust until a couple weeks later so really sucks he will be on some crush bent not even 2.5" exhaust with some shitty muffler so thats gonna kill power bigtime so at first should be in the 200's until he can get a better exhaust. the type s head actually flows much more than the tsx but they will make similiar power!

·
Registered
148 Posts
What headers are those???

·
Registered
28 Posts
chameleon said:
once said and done should make 220whp, he wont be able to afford a good exhaust until a couple weeks later so really sucks he will be on some crush bent not even 2.5" exhaust with some shitty muffler so thats gonna kill power bigtime so at first should be in the 200's until he can get a better exhaust. the type s head actually flows much more than the tsx but they will make similiar power!
Would a stock TSX head be a direct bolt on to my Element block?

·
Registered
502 Posts
SiFreak said:
What did you modify on the K20 oil pump?
im doing the k24a1 swap what is need to make my oil pump work .I have the whole k20a2 motor with spun rod bearing and a complete k24a1 longblock that i just picked up. Me and jdmsouth have allready begun the tear downs on both motors.

·
Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i forgot to take a picture of it, but actually its pretty simple, teh k24 crank girdle has a raised up section which is flush on the k20's so therefor the oil pump doesnt sit evenly with the bolt surface, you basically have to cut/trim that raised surface area out of the oil pump, so the oil pump cups that and then you are able to bolt it down.

·
Registered
284 Posts
that motor is gonna be sweet! take it from me i know, its what i have.

1 - 20 of 383 Posts