Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doing a k swap into an EM2 i have been searching and i have all the info required to complete the swap.

i am now looking to buy mounts but the only thing a can not find is witch mounts are the best for the alignment and ground clearance etc

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
we don't have ground clearance issues in our chassis, since we utilize a full lower subframe. innovative or hasport, it doesn't matter. unless you're going for a certain "theme" where innovative is black and hasport is polished. all up to you.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
no. since ours didn't come with a k everything is backwards compared to the rsx.

·
Premium Member
5,231 Posts
Ive seen somebody use OEM rsx mount with OEM mounting brackets welded inplace. one of the first swaps back in 2003.
i think he was more looking for a direct swap over. no modding needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so to re cap neither innovative or hasport will offer better alignment?

i was under the impression one could be adjusted up and down and then other forward and back?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
so to re cap neither innovative or hasport will offer better alignment?

i was under the impression one could be adjusted up and down and then other forward and back?
nope, they are all the same. i have innovative on my EM2 and Hasport on my ES1

·
Registered
92 Posts
technically couldnt we weld in the passenger side bowl where the rsx mount bolts up to into our em2 chassis and use rsx mounts ? I'm already swapped just wondering if it fits no problem cause the rsx after market passenger mount looks a lot better.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
technically couldnt we weld in the passenger side bowl where the rsx mount bolts up to into our em2 chassis and use rsx mounts ? I'm already swapped just wondering if it fits no problem cause the rsx after market passenger mount looks a lot better.
that is what i was referring to in my first post.

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
I was thinking about using the RSX oem metal brackets and welding them in but my resources at the time were slim so picked up HASPORT ESK3's

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know of 2 builds that have done it in our chassis im sure you guys have seen them too. One of the first guys to kswap white civic white itr rims. But then later upgraded to the hasport ones. And another guy in nova scotia canada i think that owns a shop did it too. But pretty sure he went with hasport as well later. I was wondering if they both ended up going with hasport because the rsx ones didnt line up properly ? Or caused any issues ? Never found the reasoning behind it.

·
Premium Member
12,506 Posts
I know of 2 builds that have done it in our chassis im sure you guys have seen them too. One of the first guys to kswap white civic white itr rims. But then later upgraded to the hasport ones. And another guy in nova scotia canada i think that owns a shop did it too. But pretty sure he went with hasport as well later. I was wondering if they both ended up going with hasport because the rsx ones didnt line up properly ? Or caused any issues ? Never found the reasoning behind it.
Id assume they went with DC5 hasport mounts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Back in 2003-4, there wasn't really a option for motor mounts. When i put my k24 back in 2004, i had to buy k20 mounts and modify the passenger side mount to fit the k24 because nobody thought about putting a k24 in their civic. Now i have innovative mounts that utilize the OEM bracket.

·
Registered
92 Posts
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2421592&page=2

i was wrong he never upgraded to swap mounts. but ye to the OP as you can see its possible and easy as bodyman said for anyone with good welding skills. only times i ever heard of it done was before hasport made swap mounts and also one guy on a budget build with a full rsx-s donor car. (not sure wat was done to make it work on the driver's side though) maybe drill and thread the frame...even though that doesn't sound like a strong way to secure engine mounts...dont know...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.