Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, very frustrated and I’m here to see if someone can shinsome light.
Info on car:
2001 civic ex sedan.
K20z1 stock -421 header, no cat, stock muffler
Type s intake mani
Six speed trans
Kpro v3
Issue: on any of the kpro basemaps, the cold start will misfire like crazy till the o2 sensor kicks in and brings the afr back to around 14.7. As i drive the car, the afr will spike up towards 16-20 afr. I know crazy right. The car tries to fit the lean condition by dumping fuel. If i add 25% fuel trim, it helps a bit. So it really is running lean. NO check engine light domes on.

what i have tried to do to fix lean condition:
Compression is all equal
Head gasket is fine

Bought a new kpro ecu (thought it fried)
Drained gas and filled with new
brand new stock rsx type s injectors
New rsx type s fuel pump
Tested fuel pressure (pressure is fine)
New map sensor
Replaced o2 sensor with a debso
Double checked o2 wiring five times
Double checked wiring five times
Checked for air leaks (have none)

I’m thinking when i was in the process of doing the swap, i may have grounded out the “relay ground” on the chassis side harness clip “c101”. In the manual i used for the swap, they list that wire as “relay ground”. After further investigation, that wire is part of circuit D04. D04 supplies power for injectors, iacv, ckp, tdc, main relay, and ecu. Is it possibly that by having the wire accidentally grounded out on the chassis side of the harness fried a relay or wire causing the injectors to not operate correctly?

thanks for any input!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Record a datalog and upload it to the site. I am sure someone here would be able to guide you in the right direction with the data within the datalog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!
I’ll upload a datalog either when i get home tonight or early tomorrow.
I’m so close to just parting this car out, but i really want to enjoy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For some reason I can’t upload my data logs. I have compressed to zip and tried converting. Still saying isn’t allowed. Can anyone email me at [email protected] and i can send the data logs to you? I need help🙌🏼

·
Registered
291 Posts
are you running a manifold vacuum reference to the fuel pressure regulator? If the ECU map is based on fixed fuel pressure and you're artificially decreasing the fuel pressure with manifold reference then you would see massive lean AFRs while operating at partial throttle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
are you running a manifold vacuum reference to the fuel pressure regulator? If the ECU map is based on fixed fuel pressure and you're artificially decreasing the fuel pressure with manifold reference then you would see massive lean AFRs while operating at partial throttle.
I’m running a stock type s fuel pump which has a stock regulator in the pump. Another thing to add, if i disable closed loop so I’m only running off the basemap, my idle is at 18 afr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts