Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I finished my swap a couple months back and drove it for a few days and none of the up gears worked. i inspected the cables and saw that the boot was ripped and that the cable was breaking. So, I bought new shifter cables from a guy on the forums and installed the cables and all my gears worked flawlessly. Now a few days later, and again i have no up gears(1,3,5). I have an 03 ep3 k20a3 motor and trans. if that helps anything. I also i have rsx shifter cables and an 03 rsx type s shifter box. I inspected the install for kinks sharp bends/turns, etc. and nothing of such exists. Any advice from all you pros would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey all. I finished my swap a couple months back and drove it for a few days and none of the up gears worked. i inspected the cables and saw that the boot was ripped and that the cable was breaking. So, I bought new shifter cables from a guy on the forums and installed the cables and all my gears worked flawlessly. Now a few days later, and again i have no up gears(1,3,5). I have an 03 ep3 k20a3 motor and trans. if that helps anything. I also i have rsx shifter cables and an 03 rsx type s shifter box. I inspected the install for kinks sharp bends/turns, etc. and nothing of such exists. Any advice from all you pros would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
get rsx-s cables ... they are a little longer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts