Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I read the thread from xproductionz but my question is, do u still need the rsx subframe if u get hasport or innovative motor mounts? I'm doing the swap in a month or less and I wanna make sure I have all the parts purchased so the job can be done right...I dont want any hidden fees or parts to come while its getting done...

- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny
- ECU (PRB)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Cables and Shift Box
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Coils
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed

Thats the list of the parts thats coming with the swap im buying from h-motors, so again with the hasport or innovative motor mounts, do u need the rsx/ep3 subframe?

One more thing, since im getn the K20A2 motor I was wondering which intake manifold would be better, a RSX Type R manifold or the Skunk2 Composite manifold. Thats the only performance part question I have because I already have my list together of mods im gonna do and its gonna be somewhere around $6000 parts only...its time to build my race car

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Its in the write-up i made.

Parts needed:
-Complete k20/k24 motor changeover
-intermediate shaft
-O2sensor for the same type of motor (typically from a 02-04 rsx type-s)
-subframe from any rsx 02-06 or 02-05 si (ep3)
-Hasport Mount Kit.. (other companies make em to) (make sure you get engine specific mount)
-Hasport Wire Harness Conversion (I wont be using this, i will attempt to wire it myself)

thank u and have a nice day.. lol

p.s.- the composite manifold is not available yet

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol thanx for the quick reply now where do I get one...I saw a couple on ebay but I dont trust those sellers too much...maybe some salvage yards and I guess i'll go with the Type R or the RBC until it comes out, see if I can get that and a throttle body bored out the same...how is urs running?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I Need Help Swap All In I Drive But Cant Go Past 3,800 Rpms Car Has Jumping Idle From 1,000 To 3,000 Rpms And I Have No Idea What To Do With Fuel Hook Up I Have A Fuel Regulator With A Return Line But I Have The Return Line Clamped Shut...i Have A 2002 Lx Civic With
K20a3 Swap

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I been shopping around, I dont know how much those subframes go for on the base RSX or the EP3 but I been hearing alot of 350 for the frame, is that a good deal or am I being robbed?

·
Registered
228 Posts
xproduction.... in the file I made with the C101 connector conversion i made an error.... you should fix it...

in the last wire I write coils ground... its coils +

RED/WHT is for ECT.... but this one is splited somewhere, so you should be careful

Its a Very nice page you made

·
Registered
919 Posts
So I been shopping around, I dont know how much those subframes go for on the base RSX or the EP3 but I been hearing alot of 350 for the frame, is that a good deal or am I being robbed?
got mine for 100

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes I read the thread from xproductionz but my question is, do u still need the rsx subframe if u get hasport or innovative motor mounts? I'm doing the swap in a month or less and I wanna make sure I have all the parts purchased so the job can be done right...I dont want any hidden fees or parts to come while its getting done...

- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny
- ECU (PRB)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Cables and Shift Box
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Coils
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed

Thats the list of the parts thats coming with the swap im buying from h-motors, so again with the hasport or innovative motor mounts, do u need the rsx/ep3 subframe?

One more thing, since im getn the K20A2 motor I was wondering which intake manifold would be better, a RSX Type R manifold or the Skunk2 Composite manifold. Thats the only performance part question I have because I already have my list together of mods im gonna do and its gonna be somewhere around $6000 parts only...its time to build my race car

if you read xproductions thread, you would already know what you need. read it again.

Yes you need the subframe and yes you're being robbed for 350. I had an extra one and gave it away to a local person and i'm in socal too..

You're missing a lot of parts still. You basically got the biggest part though, which is the changeover motor.

you need mounts, subframe, new radiator and fans, and etc..

this is what everything costed me:

Axles from 02+ si........................................................$120
EP3 ac lines………………………………..…………...$120
Subframe.....................................................................$50
Hasport Mounts..........................................................$280
Buddy club short shifter…………………….………….$111
Shifter Cables..............................................................$50
02+ si radiator. ……………………………….…………..100
fans.............................................................................$280
02+ si upper radiator hose...........................................$0
02+ si lower radiator hose............................................$0
RSX Throttle cable..................................................... 20
RSX Clutch Line From slave to master.........................0
EP3 EPS…………………………………….................$400
EP3 Idler pulley………………………………….………$85
Hondata Kpro............................................................ $950
Hasport/Hybrid Racing Engine Harness.................... $0
Injen CAI…………………………………………………$130
Blueprint stg. 2 cams………………………………….$900
Manual Pedals…………………………………………...$40
Manual Cluster…………………………………………..$40
Master/slave cylinder……………………………………$30
Complete k20/k24 motor changeover………..…….…4100
BCRH…………………………………………………….680
2.5 kteller piping………………………………………...$250
Vibrant ultra quiet resonator……………………………$80
Vibrant flat black muffler……………………………….$100
Hondata IMG…………………………………………….$45
PRC intake manifold……………………………………$190
Full tune………………………………………………….$350
RSX header/cat/O2sensors………………………………0

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea so im gonna have to shop around a lil more, the junkyards that I called been telln me like 250-300 but I really dont wanna pay that much, maybe I can talk em down, which one do u have the RSX or the EP3, and dont trip on the other parts I already got those...no need to worry

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
xproduction.... in the file I made with the C101 connector conversion i made an error.... you should fix it...

in the last wire I write coils ground... its coils +

RED/WHT is for ECT.... but this one is splited somewhere, so you should be careful

Its a Very nice page you made

yea i knew about the "coils ground" when u first made the diagram. but i didnt see it necessary to make any corrections. because when u do the repinning u dont touch that wire anyways. I just think of it as more of a reference

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
if you read xproductions thread, you would already know what you need. read it again.
my point exactly.. read through it first.. then a second time in case you might have missed something... then if its not covered in th DIY then ask afterwards. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eh man, u didnt tell me how ur K20 is running...wat cars have u taken down, I wanna be able to pull on a Corvette

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not bad not bad, I'll give it about a year and i'll be there...like I said I got my list and it wont take me long 2 get all that on my car and i'll have K-Pro out the gate so i'll be able to get potential outta everything

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey anyone in this forum know of any good shops in So. Cal that can do a K20 swap...looking to get it done in the next couple of weeks...

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
call garek at hi speed in sylmar 818-300-8429 tell him kyle sent you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol I called em and he was like nope I dont do those cars its too much work but he did refer me somewhere...good thing I asked...so good looking on that man

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
who did he refer you too?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts