Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all of my fellow members! I am in the process of swapping a K24a2 with matching trans in my 2000 EM1 was wondering what else of the firewall can be removed? And what is a sure fire way to have everything bolt up and be ready to run? I’m planning on running with the EKK2 mounts was wondering what everyone else used to have a reliable daily until I plan on some forced induction down the road?

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ekk2 was a smart choice but doesn’t work with a tsx transmission those mounts are designed for k20 trans only whether it be a base model:ep3 5 speed or the type s/z1/z3 6 speeds. I believe the mounts that utilize tsx/accord transmission are called ekg4 and you will also need the matching shifter cables and shift box to your transmission unless you swap out the shift selector for one off the above mentioned ^^.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can cut the fuel feed line at the subframe where the return line is and get the oem one off the firewall the 5/16 to 6AN hardline adapter is $10-20 depending what brand you go with. Getting rid of the ek subframe for the eg/dc one with a manual rack will clean things up considerably on the bottom half and you can remove the black canister/all emissions crap as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
B2B3E0F6-85B1-4CE0-AD73-F1D4986F3222.png
There are the mounts you need for ek chassis with an accord or tsx transmission they are ekk4 not ekg4 I was mistaken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts