Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm over here in the UK and information on K swaps in EK's is very limited due to the small number done over here.

I currently have an EK4 and will be doing a K swap very soon. I'm going to go for the K20a2 as they are relatively easy source over here in england.

The questions I want to ask are;

What are the main benifits of the Hasport EKK2 mounts over the EKK1 mounts? (does the "better" axel angle make much of a difference?)

What extra things off of the EG/DC2 would my EK need in order to run EKK2 mounts?

And Lastly............

Do the EKK2 mounts give enough clearance to facilitate Power Steering as i believe I will not be able to use it on my EK with EKK1 mounts?

Thank you in advance.

Jack

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
I have had both man.... go with Ekk2's. Your axles will last longer and if you decide to go k24, you will not have hood clearance with ekk1's, well you may, if you cut the hood skeleton and angle your hood a little I think. Ekk2's are the way to go man:up:

anyway, when I had ekk1's, I destroyed axles boots and bearings. brake temps just owned them along with the angle of the axle as you mentioned. Plus many more people hav ekk2's, so when they sell or part out, there are more ekk2 axles to buy.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have had both man.... go with Ekk2's. Your axles will last longer and if you decide to go k24, you will not have hood clearance with ekk1's, well you may, if you cut the hood skeleton and angle your hood a little I think. Ekk2's are the way to go man:up:

anyway, when I had ekk1's, I destroyed axles boots and bearings. brake temps just owned them along with the angle of the axle as you mentioned. Plus many more people hav ekk2's, so when they sell or part out, there are more ekk2 axles to buy.
Weird, because I've had EKK1's on my daily driver for about a year and not had any of the issues you speak of.

I have perfect hood clearance, no axle breaking, no crazy brake temps, etc...

I beat my car around on 300+whp on a daily basis, and have zero issues with the mounts or driveline.

- Derek

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Weird, because I've had EKK1's on my daily driver for about a year and not had any of the issues you speak of.

I have perfect hood clearance, no axle breaking, no crazy brake temps, etc...

I beat my car around on 300+whp on a daily basis, and have zero issues with the mounts or driveline.

- Derek
Same here. Hood clearance was my only issue when I had power steering.

I have 40k+ on my swap and haven't lost an axle yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts