Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is a last resort situation. I have a Jdm k20a in a Rhd ek hatch. I'm using a 02-04 k20a2 harness with a matching ecu (kpro) with a hasport sub harness. A z1 tranny, and a cut rbc with a z1 throttle body. The car used to run fine, then I upgraded to a cut rbc, and z1 tranny. The car started up fine, but was throwing out a lot of dust from when I powder coated the rbc and valve cover. I took them off and sprayed them with compressed air, put everything back on, and now no start. Engine cranks, I have fuel pressure, I have spark, compression, and injector impulse, but NO START. the timing chain is spinning, and the indicator light on the ecu is green. I dont know what else to do? Any help is appreciated no codes thrown either

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already checked everything, I even sent the sub harness back to hasport thinking that might be my problem, starting to lose my motivation

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just changed three sensors, cam sensors (both), and crank sensor, still no start. I also put my ecu into my boys car, and it started his up, so it's not my ecu, what could it be?? Help please??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I checked all the fuses twice, and physically took them out and visually inspected them. They all good, someone told me it might be my engine harness, what y'all think?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a friend who having the same problem turned out being his harness, and he said he heard of it happening to someone else that he knows, that's his he figured his problem out. No ecu codes thrown, no check engine light If anybody's in the south fl area and wants to help me out just lmk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Put another engine harness on and still no start, bump for the struggle is real!!! No start is killing me

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you got a thermal intake manifold gasket?

I have had a few customers lately with grounding issues due to these when they ground the the intake manifold instead of the cyl head or block

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I grounded the main ground onto the valve cover nut but my head valve cover is powder coated so a friend suggested I add another ground from there to the chasis because it backfired. He said it might not be getting good continuity and the injectors might be pulsating wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts