Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i'm in a delimma now that ive discovered the k series power. im building an ls/vtec but i only have the bolck parts so far. my question is should i scrap the ls/vtec and get me k20a2 or stay with the bseries? i have a 97 ek coupe and i want to run in the low to mid 13's; i saw a k20a2 put down 208.9 to the wheels with just header intake exhaust which is prlly more than id get out of the ls/vtec. let me know what you guys think - Travis

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
price both options before making a decision. You can expect to spend ballpark $7k for a k-series into an older model civic/integra. Also consider what you plan to do with the car. Would you benefit from the addition of the 6-spd tranny? Can you deal with the downtime of doing the swap into your car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
either way ill have the down time on the car and i can deal with that in the summer i got another car to drive. and i like to have the 6 speed of coarse, but i can get a k20 types swap for 3500 for a guy around here then i figure mounts harness shifter box header and axles will put me in the ball park of 6000, the lsvtec will be about 5000 if i finish

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Type S swap will be faster,and more reliable period. You should seriously look into the K20A2, its worth every penny.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sk84elephants said:
i have an itr motor and I am thinking of selling it for a K
**WOW MY FIRST POST** (Lurking for several weeks now!) :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat. I have a ITR Powered 2000 Civic CX Hatchback. I know that I want a K-swap without question. It shocks me how much USDM ITR Swaps bring. Can pay for a large chunk of the K-swap from just selling the R. Pretty cool. :silly:
I guess I just have "TYPE-ONE" fever. :p Seems like everything he's doing to his is what i dream of doing to mine!!
Just going to take time. Anything worth doing, especially when you truely love it, always takes a while to be done right.:heart:
Good luck on your choice on swaps. For me, K-Series is the only way to fly!!

-J

·
Registered
264 Posts
Once you've driven one you will never think of a B or H series again :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea, im putting my ls/vtec block up for sale, k series is the future ive decided after reading this forum for a week straight. college gpa going down lol, i got two 66%'s on my tests in chem and human anat and phys because ive been reading these forums. ohh well i think i know how to do my swap easily now, just gotta get the money together (im gonna try the sperms bank for that:up: ). k20a2 is gonna go in to my 97 ex this summer for sure. Can't wait!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i got a quick question(s) for you guys, it seems everybody is running the kpro which is sweet. ill be alright running the k20a ecu on a k20a2 motor swap for while till i get the a kpro right? and i hear hybrid racing makes a whole swap kit with everything, i went to there site and didn't see anything about a whole kits ,liek with mounts wiring etc. everythin you need for swap, or a price. anybody know but this kit? price

·
Registered
68 Posts
rising_son97 said:
i got a quick question(s) for you guys, it seems everybody is running the kpro which is sweet. ill be alright running the k20a ecu on a k20a2 motor swap for while till i get the a kpro right? and i hear hybrid racing makes a whole swap kit with everything, i went to there site and didn't see anything about a whole kits ,liek with mounts wiring etc. everythin you need for swap, or a price. anybody know but this kit? price
i am wondering the same thing, where is a link to this swap kit a lot of people speak of. i am greatly considering powering my dc4 w/ a k-serious i gotta killer deal on a k20a2 rsx types w/ 30k miles for $3000. i am trying to get a better guestimate on final dollar amount. thanks

joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sweet deal about you k man, i took a ride in the new civic si and it pulls like mad. k series is the way. the hybrid racing kit's pricing and components are mysterious to me, wish someone had some info!

·
Registered
68 Posts
rising_son97 said:
sweet deal about you k man, i took a ride in the new civic si and it pulls like mad. k series is the way. the hybrid racing kit's pricing and components are mysterious to me, wish someone had some info!
me to some one post up more infor on this hybrid racing deal!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts