Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to find an answer to this issue.. The car predictably experiences a shaking during acceleration that gets worse with speed, was less but noticeable under neutral power, and is pretty violent above highway speed. I have been running a 2005 K20A with EKK1 mounts in a 96 EK coupe and had DSS 2.9 axles. The axles have been rebuilt but the shake is still there. Steering and suspension components to include ball joints, tie rod inner/outers, bushings, and wheel bearings all check ok. I'm wondering if the axle position with the EKK1 mounts and the fact that the Intermediate shaft has a rubber dampener in the bearing support block could be the issue. The rubber does have a little play allowing the shaft to move perpendicular to its axis and the axle angle could cause it to vibrate even though the bearing itself on the intermediate shaft felt fine. I have looked at aftermarket intermediate shafts such as the one from insane shafts which doesn't look like it has the rubber bushing. Does anyone know if that bushing on the type r intermediate shaft could be the cause of the shake? The RSX-S version doesn't appear to have the bushing, at least looking a the diagram. Please help I don't know where else to search. Pictures of the type R bearing block inside attached, as well as the acura diagram for the type-s. One other difference i noticed was a dust shield protecting the inside of the bearing which doesn't seem to be present on the acura one.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Why do you assume your intermediate shaft is the issue ? I've always had bad luck with ALL aftermarkets axles on my hondas, even brand new one. I'm always using oem axles for no vibrations, works good with ekk2 mounts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.