Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i near almost completion to my swap parts and things i need to complete the swap, the researching began on how to retain A/C in my 98 Civic and not have problems with it!

I came across this thread which seemed to be helpful but it was short lived and led me to more questions.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106224

In the above thread i read that he is having problems with using the stock EK civic A/C Condenser as the K series compressor puts out to much pressure and causes the purge valve on the compressor to pop and releasing all the freon into the atmosphere.

Someone then chimes in that you can use the DC2 condenser in the EK under the core support and not have problems because it is much larger. I understand a series of fans would have to be used thats fine, i planed on having a full size radiator in my EK with (2) 12" fans anyways! If need be i would then put a fan 10" in the middle, on the front side of the dc2 A/C condenser so it would not over heat when being used on hot days!

Please if you have any info, or know tricks how to make the stock EK condenser work please fill me in..Im at a total loss and i want to retain A/C i hate humidity and this will remain a daily driver. plus who doesnt love A/C?

Thanks for you time reading and also thanks in advance for anyone who lends a helping hand with info!

-Alex

P.S. Dont tell me to research, i did research, proof: i posted the most helpful link i found above!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why dont buy the hybrid racing kit, they can help you with this....
The EK condensor is too small for the k series compressor. It creates to muxh pressure. There for i need to use the integra condensor bc it is larger like the k series original. Also cant use hybrids kit bc i known custom work is going to be required

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=79860

Custom work is easy, go to a hose shop and pay.
Ive seen this, however you posted in there about the Dc2 condenser getting hot and the k series would be better. How many fans do you have and what size radiator? Distance between the condenser and radiator? Room for small fans at all? And please remember this is into an EK and im going to use DC2 condensor and keep everything else the original EK components which have been properly maintained . And have a shop do the lines for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
My condenser was painted black is only thing I wonder may have been holding heat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts