Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any updates on the car Ivo ?

Glad I found you're tread on here. This way I have some reference points for when I start on my EG ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Only update on the car is that i fitted the coolant reservoir tank.

Still busy doing stuff around the house. Hopefully we can get everything sorted before te winter. Then hopefully i can get back in to things with the civic.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Wow, can't believe my last post is dated a year ago.

In the meantime i have finally figured what to do with the wiper fluid reservoir. Would have rather left it out, but as it is mandatory for the annual checks plus the fact that the weather here can be shit, it is probably for the best to leave them in.

I decided not to use the oem reservoir but something similar to the coolant tank. So i bought another coolant tank and converted it into a wiper fluid reservoir.

Also i installed the heater hoses and the heater control valve.

Next on my list was to install the rear brakes. I had previously bought some del sol rear disc brakes. The calipers needed some TLC and needed to be rebuild. I was planning on doing this but then i saw an ad for rear brakes from a DC2 ITR about 30 kilometers from my house. So i went there this morning and they were as good as new. Decided to buy them and when i got home, had some lunch and installed them.

So now i have ITR DC2 calipers front and back with 4*100 discs. 282 in the front and 262 in the back.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
Thanks.

I tried to fit the parking brake cables today, but something doesn't seem right. They were sold to me as being oem EJ2 cables for disc brakes. I was sceptic as i had never heard of an EJ2 that came with rear disks from the factory. I bought them any way, because the seller had really good feedback.

I'v got the passenger side cable installed, but driver side has me stumped. None of the mounting positions line up with available holes and it also seems to be a bit short. I'm going to try and switch them, maybe there is a difference in length between the left and right cable. I had them on the garage floor, but couldn't see any difference in length.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Fiddled a bit more this morning. I have been able to mount the cable to the 3 mounting points, but now in the inside of the car it looks like this:

I think the cables should be all the way in to the bracket. Maybe they will set when the cables are adjusted???

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Did some searching and visited a friend who has done several rear disc swaps on an EJ2. We came to the conclusion that the seller either didn't know what he was selling or deliberately sold me something that obviously isn't for an EJ2. Probably EG hatch or del Sol.

Either way, because this concerned the brakes, i didn't want to half-ass it, so decided to order a set of new cables for a 5th gen 4dr VTI. These are supposed to fit without any problems. Hopefully i get them on wednesday, because i have a couple of days off coming up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
New cables were delivered on wednesday afternoon and i installed them on thursday. This time it went like nothing else. Definitely have the right parts this time round. To be honest it kind of feels like a milestone having a parking brake on the Civic again after about 3 years.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Damn! Almost 4 years since my last post.

Nothing major has been done.

I changed my 3pt strutbrace from Ultra Racing to Blackworks because it gives a bit more clearance on the valve cover.

Also bougth a set of Civic Type R FN2 seats. Just in case i ever finish it and be able to drive it.

I finally found a place to mount the engine bay fuse box under the dash. I am currently in the proces of finishing the wiring to the fuse box and to the battery, which i mounted in the right rear quarter.

The ASR brace was fitted and so where the electric windows.

I have also bought a K-tuned FPR-mount that so I can mount the FPR directly to the fuel rail as a result, the fuel filter has been moved to the spot where the FPR used to be. Don't worry, i'm going to find a better way to mount the filter than using velcro.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
It should fit the chassis. It’s listed as a 92-00 civic part. Is the K24 a lot taller than the K20?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
I have just about 20mm between de VC and the brace, so could be close.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts