Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Cusco do rollcage for EJ1 coupe and if no does the EG6 or EK9 cusco cage fit the EJ1

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Why do you want a Cusco cage? cause its blue?

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Kirk or Autopower can be had for less and are much safer bolt in roll cages... You can paint them whatever color you want...

If you really want a nice safe cage, a custom welded in roll cage is the only way to go...

·
Registered
18,977 Posts
Kirk or Autopower can be had for less and are much safer bolt in roll cages... You can paint them whatever color you want...

If you really want a nice safe cage, a custom welded in roll cage is the only way to go...
autopower also makes a very nice weld in cage...pretty inexpensive comparatively

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
autopower also makes a very nice weld in cage...pretty inexpensive comparatively
I've never seen a weld in autopower cage... there bolt in cage, from what i remember, comes down pretty low along the window line and close to your head... I like my head, so i'm getting a custom cage done...

I've been working with a guy at his shop helping him do NASA/SCCA cages lately so i'm gonna get to help with my cage a lot and have it done just how I want... Should be fun

Personally I think if it's not a dedicated race car all you really need is a bolt in roll bar

·
Registered
18,977 Posts

directly from autopowers website....

can agree on the bars being close to head....but if you were driving a car with this I'd hope you were wearing a helmet....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cuz i still want to used my rear seat and autopower has a bar in the middle for the belt and i dont want it and i prefer how the cusco one is made even if people says its not that of a safe cage

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
and how come ?

because it is not made for safety it is made for looks... and it is made for RHD vehicles..

The bar that you speak of is what gives a roll cage the stiffness to survive a roll over...

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,373 Posts
cuz i still want to used my rear seat and autopower has a bar in the middle for the belt and i dont want it and i prefer how the cusco one is made even if people says its not that of a safe cage

so you prefer "looking cool" till you fall victim to a painful death vs a custom cage that allows you to have a back seat and a non-cracked cranium? :confused:

·
Rebuilding phase
8,450 Posts
Try to stay away from bolt in shit. Unless its precisely machined and the slop in the bolt holes is nil, that thing is going to move and flex under load.

Unless its just for looks. Which I never really understood unless its a show whore and nothing else.

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,373 Posts
kirk and autopower's bolt in cages are very damn good cages/rollbars depending on what you want. they are very well made and even compliant for racing if i remember correctly. also another thing, welded or padded, you should always remember to use padding(THE CORRECT PADDING) when using a cage or rollbar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts