Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my bartending job and will be saving up until December then start my project. Now I absolutely adore the EG but I also adore the EK. Now lets say the engie is fully built...sleeved, high comp, toda head, EMS, millddddd port/pollish, axles, ITB, etc etc the full 9 yards. Now how much of a diff would the 1/4 times vary from each model of car?...if the engine is built that much would there even be that much of difference? Or should I just straight up go with the EG..I love them both so much..its hard to choose!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I love both so what it comes down to is 1/4 mile times. If the engine is built to the balls will the numbers still pretty much be the same?

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my opinion, I would chose an EK. Buying an EG will be cheaper than an EK. (if that matters to you) But its up to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgive me if I seem rude by saying this but but none of you have answered my question really. I'm talking about performance and 1/4 time comparison with a HIGHLY built NA motor more so over the whole appearance of the car. Either way both cars would be Si Black, gold Advan RG's, Spoon Hood/Mirrors/Wing, and J's Racing "Jwalker" lip kit.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Trashy-J said:
forgive me if I seem rude by saying this but but none of you have answered my question really. I'm talking about performance and 1/4 time comparison with a HIGHLY built NA motor more so over the whole appearance of the car. Either way both cars would be Si Black, gold Advan RG's, Spoon Hood/Mirrors/Wing, and J's Racing "Jwalker" lip kit.
Well, since you're going through all that trouble then I would make the assumption that you will not stop with the motor and continue on and upgrade the other aspects of your car, suspension, brakes, etc... as well. If that's the case then performance between the 2 cars won't really matter since it's all gonna depend on the type of beast you build. Weight-wise I think, (people correct me if I'm wrong) the EG is lighter by a couple hundred lbs. and since you're not too concerned with looks then that 200-lb difference might make a difference in performance depending on your build.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yah a couple HUNDRED pounds does make a big diff when you're going NA...hahah, Thanks guys! As for other mods...suspension and drivetrain ofcourse, but I'm limited to Brembo rotors in the whole brake department because I want to use 14" Advan RG's on the front with BF drag radials when I street race...The 16" RG's that will be on daily will clear brake upgrades but the 14"s wont...the only brake upgrade I can do is Brembo drilled and slotted rotors up front, and gsr conversion with Brembo drilled and slotted rotors in the back with some steelbraided lines and Endless pads. But yes...I'll be going with an EG...a couple of hundred pounds make the deal, weight is a big deal...good thing I'm 125.

·
Premium Member
8,357 Posts
Well it also depends on which Hasport mounts you are going to use if you go with the EK.
EKK1 or EKK2?
With the EKK1 mounts you can use the stock cross member and lca's and what not.
With the EKK2 mounts you need an EG cross member, LCA's strut forks, so that will be more cash.
Its all up to you.
The EKK2 mounts move the engine back and up a little more and keep the axles more straight. That is better for road racing since it keeps more weight between the wheels.
And with the EKK2 mounts you will be able to use axles made for an EG.
-Jalal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts