Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Nohing new in here. Didn´t got the time to go dyno on this year. And now it´s winter in finland so the car is in carrage for the next 6 months waiting for summer. Maybe some updates is coming during the winter. HR shifter, Blueprint ported intake etc.

I will post pics when that happens.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Ok, here we go again. Now I´m waiting for my blueprint ported head, skunk2 EX cam gear and Hybrid Racing shifter. Just checked my valve to valve clearance with 50 degree cam angle. With IPS K10 cams measure was 1.75mm (.068898"). Just wondering what is minium safe clearance to go when I change the skunk2 cam gear?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well Dustin from Brian Crower did found me a one single rod from Manley that was the same kind that the rest of my rods, the lenght of the rods that I got was changed about 3 years ago one millimeter longer for some reason.

Crank is propably going to the machining shop on next week.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
The block was build by ERL Performance so I don´t think the improper clearance was the problem. I´m thinkin that the issue was oil failure, engine was just running too hot. Weird thing is that water temperature did not go higer than normaly.

Second thing is that pistons first rings was damaged also.

Guy who did the tune was guessing that maybe K10 exhaust cam was the reason that the engine did run very hot.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Went to the dyno yesterday.

Best numbers that we managed to tune before something started to clak in the engine, probably crankshaft bearings.

271hv
267nm

Both was best somewere at 8krpm. 98oct gas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3dZ_neZ2p0&feature=g-upl
And this is what happened. Number 4 rod bearing was broken.

The block was build by ERL Performance so I don´t think the improper clearance was the problem. I´m thinkin that the issue was oil failure, engine was just running too hot. Weird thing is that water temperature did not go higer than normaly.

Second thing is that pistons first rings was damaged also.

Guy who did the tune was guessing that maybe K10 exhaust cam was the reason that the engine did run very hot.

At what RPMs did " something started to clak in the engine"...??

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
We don't know. We noticed the clacking after the last pull when the engine rpm was low enough.
That Sucks man!!

What did you rev it to on the Dyno?

DO you have the blueprint sheet for the clearences on the bearings? And, just out of curiosity, the Piston to wall clearences used?

61 - 80 of 88 Posts