Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im definately new to the k series game but i am hoping to do one, and i had some questions that if anybody could answer for me it would be greatly apreciated.

1. how much money am i going to be looking at spending on this hole project? the only thing i have right now is a 92 cx hatchback

2. how complicated is this swap to do? from what ive seen it looks basically now to be like any other swap because they make every thing you need for them

3. resources! what would be the cheapest resources for parts?

4. what ecu do you use to put the k-pro in? just any obd1 ecu or a different ecu

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
From what I see man, you need to do some research and some reading of the sticky forums man. Not to mean any harm by it man. You need to know what you are getting into.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i got an estimate for all the parts i needed from hybrid racing, plus a few extra i didnt need and it was around 4 grand, then the cost of the engine could be anywhere from 2-4 + grand depending on where you buy it

and im pretty sure you need k-pro or a type r ecu

·
Registered
174 Posts
I payed 8700+ for mine but that was with good parts and no cheaping out and a couple extra goodies check out my intro full list of parts

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
Holy SHIT! Someone on here from Belpre...I thought i'd never see that. I went to Marietta College man, props to you for trying to be different out there.

there is a lot you need. you can do the swap cheaper though. the best source for parts is this very website, esp. right now. So many people are selling swap parts and motors for cheap, so many people are bailing on their swap projects because of the economy. If you have money now, its probably the best time to be buying stuff for your car. If you have 7500 right now, you can do the swap with ease. I think there is actually a guy selling a whole motor with mounts for like 4000 in the motor for sale section.

also like everyone said, just search, you'll find everything you need. good luck with it man. check the link in my signature. it has link to EVERYTHING! and if you need more help, shoot me a PM i'll help ya out.

-Colin:up:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hell yeh man, theres a badass rhd eg hatch that we go up to the college and drool at every once in a while lol, but yeh if i get this swap done ill be the only one around here with one done so im trying to get that under my belt

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
hm I wonder who owns that, I still know a lot of people there but I havent been there in like 3 years. I used to have a black coupe out there on red volks with a built GSR. I raced some kid out there who had a S2000 on the bridge on the highway into WV on 50 I think I cant remember, hosed him, lol. I dont think I ever had my hatch out there. I was like the only person into cars out there then on campus that is, besides a professor who was into auto-X in his STi, lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol nice, well theres a big group of us now, what color was the s2k? if it was white then i know the dude, his name is mark he come out often, but yeh this hatch is pretty baller, its rhd and they put type r brakes all round with s2k wheels, they even did the windshield wier conversion, its a really clean car, not sure of the motor thats in it because we dont know the guy nor have we seen him out and about, it just sits in the same spot but its awsome lookin, only one bad part about it is on the quarter panel somebody hit it :( looks like it happened while it sat there

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
I miss driving that crazy hill out by the slaughter house, past the fishing dam on the other side of the muskingum, I dunno if thats belpre, harmar, or marietta. I think im gonna have to come out there again just to do it, lol. I miss some stuff out there too. I know a bunch of people goin for new years

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats marietta, lol, but yeh if you do ever come back into town pm me or somethin so you can come hang out with all of us, even in the winter we still find parking lots to go "drfting" in lol just got back from doing that as a matter of a fact

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
no prob man, mostly everyone on here is here to help each other out and those who arent, we try to get rid of, lol:up:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts