Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what size exhaust piping are u guys using 2 1/2 inch? 3 inch? also what catlytic converter are you guys using? And are you guys using a universal muffler if so what type? Thanks...

·
Registered
537 Posts
2.5 inch exhaust should be fine. I dont use a cat but a 2.5 or 3 inch high flow will work great. Muffler is up to the individual...I prefer it to be not really loud (although my current set-up is loud) so after I see some dyno numbers I will make a decision if a quiter muff will go on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would like to here some ones opinion on using an rsr ex mag muffler with 2 1/2 in piping. trying to keep the car as subtle as possible, but I still want good flow out of the exhaust. also I just love that exhaust tone. :D

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Personally im going with a ES Oval Catless but with two different sized Resonators to keep her quiet and to have that stock look so the 5-0 Stays off my Ass. LOL I predict that it would be quiet at partial throttle but will sing with the angels at WOT.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Hey Bolivian, what size resonators are you using? I have the ES Oval Muffler sitting here waiting for the swap to start and I don't want to be waking the neighbors when I go to work in the morning. I wouldn't mind a slight more than stock sound, but nothing that would raise the cops attention.

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Well go with two Magnaflow resonators. The key is to have each one a different size from the other thats how the harmonics works i believe.

·
Registered
234 Posts
BolivianFuego said:
Personally im going with a ES Oval Catless but with two different sized Resonators to keep her quiet and to have that stock look so the 5-0 Stays off my Ass. LOL I predict that it would be quiet at partial throttle but will sing with the angels at WOT.
I went with an ES oval too! This is the first I've seen ES mentioned anywhere like this...

I went with 2.5" piping, the ES Oval black, and a Dynomax bullet muffler I will be using as a resonator. I also have a carsound cat if I have the room, but I don't care so much about that. I just need quiet. I wasted lots of time figuring that out, I knew nothing about exhausts, and don't really know much more now. The one thing I did learn is that cat-backs are very overpriced, the only reason to get one is for the sound. Almost all civic cat-backs are 2.25, and are made to mount to stock piping, so a cat-back would need to be cut up anyway. The whole system after the header can be replaced for much cheaper than a cat-back. I spent $400 for all the parts, now I just need to get it welded together and installed.

A K20A will be going into my EK in a couple of weeks!!! :dance:

No more knocking D16. The only thing I will miss is the 35mpg on 87 gas from the HX engine, and that's not highway or granny-style.

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
when i was talking to Hytech exhaust, they told me to get a 3 inch exhaust..... they said that this motor likes to breath a lot, so what better way to let it breathe freely.... cant go wron gwith three inches, hahaah..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.