Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to share info on how you managed to retain the stock EG center console w/cup holder when using a DC5/RSX shifter box/cable assembly?

Also, does anyone have images of an EP shifter assembly handy?

PS:
someone needs to make a customized/aftermarket shifter box replacement for EG/EK/DC K20 swaps that fit under the oem center console!!!!

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
ok, as far as putting the dc5 shifter on top and then bolting it down, there is no way in hell it will clear... the only way is if you were to mount it lower ome how, or use the accord shifter.....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: EG center console cover fitmen over DC5/RSX shift box ..

katman said:
PS:
someone needs to make a customized/aftermarket shifter box replacement for EG/EK/DC K20 swaps that fit under the oem center console!!!!
I'm almost positive brian g mentioned somewhere that Hasport is producing them already.

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

#2 said:
I'm almost positive brian g mentioned somewhere that Hasport is producing them already.

...I was talkin to him via Honda-Tech, and he did mentioned they were working on something, but it's on the back burner :(

·
Registered
599 Posts

#2 said:
Haven't gotten to it yet. I'll see if I have some pictures of the shifter we did in Hasty's car, we installed an EP shifter in it. We haven't built a console for it yet, but any one with some speaker box building skills could make something nice. The cool thing about the EP shifter is you could make a cupholder in the old opening for the shifter lever which is much easier to reach when you're driving.

I building an H22 powered CRX and will use the EP shifter for that car.

brian g

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

katman said:
#2 said:

...I was talkin to him via Honda-Tech, and he did mentioned they were working on something, but it's on the back burner :(
Ah shit. Looks like i'm not gonna be finishing my car anytime soon then. Oh well, good things come to those who wait i suppose...

·
Registered
18 Posts

katman said:
Anyone willing to share info on how you managed to retain the stock EG center console w/cup holder when using a DC5/RSX shifter box/cable assembly?

Also, does anyone have images of an EP shifter assembly handy?

PS:
'

Mr. Katman...are you going to write up the ecu diagram pinout for the K anytime soon? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

cinq said:
Mr. Katman...are you going to write up the ecu diagram pinout for the K anytime soon? :lol:
..I dunno, I might. But I haven't tackled wiring just yet.

I did download a cool RSX-S ecu pinout diagram (pdf file) from clubRSX.com a little bit ago. I'll convert the diagram to JPG and share...

·
Registered
458 Posts

katman said:
cinq said:
..I dunno, I might. But I haven't tackled wiring just yet.

I did download a cool RSX-S ecu pinout diagram (pdf file) from clubRSX.com a little bit ago. I'll convert the diagram to JPG and share...
katman, you got that diagram ready?

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Has there been any news of this? I might be thinking of going EG k20R swap and wanted to retain either the stock Cupholders or the optional centerconsole. Gotta keep it looking clean. :p

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
A solution to this problem has been in development for some time now!

Karcepts, Inc. will have available (late winter/early spring) a shifting mechanism that is bolt in and will retain the factory center console. The drilling of two 11/32" holes are the only modifications needed to be performed on your chassis in order to utilize this mechanism and run the cables to your transmission. I must apologize, but this is the only information I can release at this time until the patents are straightened out. Please do not ask for pictures or any other specifics, since questions of that nature cannot yet be answered.

Prototypes will start fabrication next week, and I am looking for some individuals to help with the testing of this product. If you happen to live in Maryland or a nearby state and are interested in a free shifting mechanism with that clean/factory look that I believe most people are looking for, please PM me for more details. Very minimal effort on your part is required. I am basically just interested in consumer feedback to help provide the best possible production version available. You must have a daily driven EG, EK, or DC w/ a K-Series swap that is running or VERY near to be running in order to be considered.

Thank you,
Brian K.

·
Punishin' Bitches
2,453 Posts
Damn i'd be happy to help but do not plan to have this swap done til summer time. I have a Stock EG if that helps. haha I live in Va BTW. Not too far at all.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Hey nikos, have any other pictures of the shifter showing where the cables go through the floor?

·
Registered
64 Posts
revo shifter

will the revo shifter work the base looks smaller than the stock rsx or accord shifter and it has a height ajustment also? anyone try it please post thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.