Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been waiting for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-PQca6FJU

what ya think? for the price difference of the zr1 is it worth it? i like both. so i am going to prolly end up getting or try getting an r33 lol. :silly: :dance:

·
Premium Member
15,760 Posts
I think in a few years the same used zr1 is going to be worth a lot less than the same used gtr. I vote gtr FTW

·
Infinite levels to this..
25,374 Posts
the Zr1 is more money, more horsepower, more torque and it still barely beats the GTR in everything. im sorry but that's a joke if you ask me. you basically got a 6 digit price tag corvette pickin on the weakest of the GTRs and it barely beats it all around. Wait for the Spec-V to come out and we will see what's what. Nissan already owns z06s and soon the zr1 will be added to that list.

Sorry im not impressed cause it can do donuts and looks sloppy on the track while going fast.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Zr1 is more money, more horsepower, more torque and it still barely beats the GTR in everything. im sorry but that's a joke if you ask me. you basically got a 6 digit price tag corvette pickin on the weakest of the GTRs and it barely beats it all around. Wait for the Spec-V to come out and we will see what's what. Nissan already owns z06s and soon the zr1 will be added to that list.

Sorry im not impressed cause it can do donuts and looks sloppy on the track while going fast.
u sir are right, i agree. still waiting for the spec-v to show up and make its mark. but like i was saying im going to wait til the hype falls down, i like both, they have their ups and downs. i'll be happy if i can get my hands on an r33 :p

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
he said it himself on the comments the ZR1 is a hand full when pushed while the GTR is a more smooth ride.
i like, take the GTR but where is freaking Honda with the all motor beast NSX

·
25,374 Posts
truth be told i wouldn't get either if i had my way. i'd get one of the special limited edition R34 Z-tune. but the point is if you are gonna put corvette's top car on the line then put it up against the gtr's top car. until the spec comes out then there's no comparison. same thing when the nsx comes out. you all know that if there's any talk about a NSX-R coming out after then people will say don't compare the zr1 vs spec-v vs nsx cause the type r is still to come. it's not about money or specs, it's about your best vs our best.

as for the spec-v hype, if it's so "overrated" so far then why is it that porche is saying that nissan cheated at the ring and didn't put up that time with the GTR? cause they know if the GTR will out shine their top car then what the hell will the spec-v do? you can't put a 6 digit price tag on your top car and have it slower and handle less than the cheaper model.

·
Registered
271 Posts
/\ that's great and all, wait untill you press the launch control button for the first time... buh bye warranty. The Vette will perform every time... the GTR will be kinda quick, right up untill it breaks, which wont be long if you drive it hard :rolleyes:

·
25,374 Posts
QUOTE=6spd EK;558814]/\ that's great and all, wait untill you press the launch control button for the first time... buh bye warranty. The Vette will perform every time... the GTR will be kinda quick, right up untill it breaks, which wont be long if you drive it hard :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

you seriously take chevy over nissan in reliability? now i have heard it all:down::down:

·
Registered
271 Posts
corvettes are rock solid vehicles... i'd take its reliability over the GTR any day... especially with a log in the owners manual for tranny replacements... ill pass :wow:

·
25,374 Posts
oh man here we go with the vdc button. let me fill ya in on something first off. keep in mind i am not a nissan lover, just a fan of the gtr. as far as i know(which is as of oct 16, 2008) there is only one gear box problem by a guy with the vdc button off. there may be more, but i've not checked since then. the manual strictly says not to use the vdc except in special situations(i.e. stuck in the snow). like i said before the gtr is awd. as anyone with an awd what happens when you dump the clutch repeatedly. there's a reason why the gtr has a "R" mode. vdc does not equal to great way to launch. all awd advertisers use top quarter mile times from dumping the clutch(porsche, mitsu., subaru especially, lambo, etc.) if you are dumb enough not to know that then as natural selection goes, you will have to pay 20k to be smarter. this guy not only used vdc but he ABSOLUTELY abused the hell out of the car with it. don't act like the gtr is the first car to not be able to dump the clutch cause it aint. the launch control it is like an easter egg found by people who owned the gtr and it just makes the gtr faster than what's said by nissan. they aren't the first to do this either, ferrari's been doing. lambo as well. the gtr is hell on wheels with the vdc on and if you are using the vdc off to go to the track and drag race then man you are so missing out on the gtr's main potential. pressing the vdc doesn't void the warranty because when you take the car in they will upload the log and see just how many times you've used the vdc. i don't know what the excessive amount of times is but in the consumer's defense, maybe they should have put something to stop the use of the button after a certain amount of times or give a fair warning of "aggressive usage". i don't know. all i know is that if i dumped the clutch in the zr1 a bunch of times then i guarantee i'd be at the dealership with a worn out clutch(and possibly transmission) and then when i ask them to repair it for free they'd look at the clutch and laugh. don't assume chevy is so loyal to their customers to just fix anything either. dispite what they say i've worked for dealerships and shops that work with dealerships and they are absolutely two faced.

that being said im still waiting on the nsx :dance:

·
25,374 Posts
/\ that's great and all, wait untill you press the launch control button for the first time... buh bye warranty. The Vette will perform every time... the GTR will be kinda quick, right up untill it breaks, which wont be long if you drive it hard :rolleyes:
and lets be real. it's not "kinda quick" and it's been driven hard on countless tries again and again by mines, greddy, signal, hks, etc. there's only one tuner company that has had tranny problems and that was because they managed to squeeze a shit load more power out the car than what it was intended for. so yes, a tranny broke. reliability is not an issue to people who know how to use an awd. launch it like a rwd and be prepared to fix it like a chevy!

i still got :heart: for yall though. :D

·
25,374 Posts
look in the zr1's manual.....

the user's manual states that if you put the car into Competition mode or turn off traction control altogether, and you break something, you aren't covered:
"From page 4-7 of 2008 Corvettes Owner Manual:
"Notice: When traction control is turned off, or Competitive Driving Mode is active, it is possible to lose traction. If you attempt to shift with the rear wheels spinning with a loss of traction, it is possible to cause damage to the transmission. Do not attempt to shift when the rear wheels do not have traction. Damage caused by misuse of the vehicle is
not covered.""

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
25,374 Posts
^^^^^^ maybe nissan records all possible broken transmissions for R&D? i really don't know on that one. it actually would make sense. they record everything else. nissan gives yall an inch and yall are so quick to take a mile.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts