Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys,i found a local acura dealership that reflashes ecus.Im not to sure what the reflash exactly does,does it bypass the imobalizer,reprogram something?? also they didnt give me a price they just said bring it in.How much should it cost me? If i got the ecu reflased and a pnp harness would that be all the computer and wiring i need?? i got the complete swap,hasport mounts and getting axles next week,trying to get everything before i drop it in.Any info would be appreciated ..........thanx alot mike

·
Banned
131 Posts
kaotiknrg760 said:
sup guys,i found a local acura dealership that reflashes ecus.Im not to sure what the reflash exactly does,does it bypass the imobalizer,reprogram something?? also they didnt give me a price they just said bring it in.How much should it cost me? If i got the ecu reflased and a pnp harness would that be all the computer and wiring i need?? i got the complete swap,hasport mounts and getting axles next week,trying to get everything before i drop it in.Any info would be appreciated ..........thanx alot mike

would u mind sharing with us where this Acura dealer is and the cost?? I'm interested as well.

Looking to by pass the imob to save on going Hondata.

thx,
wayne

·
GoldStar
2,664 Posts
02epsi said:
would u mind sharing with us where this Acura dealer is and the cost?? I'm interested as well.

Looking to by pass the imob to save on going Hondata.

thx,
wayne
wiring up your imobilizer isn't that hard. my buddy wired one up on an ek. it works great. it's an extra layer of security. :up:

·
Banned
131 Posts
looking to swap a K20A3 into an EG. Want to use the stock ECU. Trying to avoid going Hondata. What would be the best way to wire this up to make it work?

I know the imob/key/ecu has to match in order for the engine to crank. Will the key slot from the donor car fit into the stock location on the EG?

Feedback please...

thx

·
GoldStar
2,664 Posts
just use your stock key. mount the k20 key slot in a remote location. to start the car you just put your k20 key in it's slot and crank the car over with your stock key and ignition.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sup sorry havent gave feed back in a min. ......been slackin....the dealership is Honda of the desert in Palm Springs,Ca..........the number is 760-328-8981 they didnt give me a price they just said bring it in. So i dunno what the hell.Do you guys know if theirs a way of bypassing the immob. without having the key slot/key??? any info would be appreciated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.