Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my donor car turned up, it has a K24Z3 with ECU 37820-RL6-Q04. It's an Australian-delivered 2012 Accord Euro CU2 manual.

I was intending to use flashpro on it to support forced induction but the hondata website says "Sorry, we do not have a FlashPro for ECU part number 37820-RL6-Q04"; if I google up a TSX ECU part number for my year (37820-RL5-A55), the website asserts compatibility. And I'm pretty sure it's the same car though maybe the details of fuel maps, timing, etc, may differ slightly for different regulatory jurisdictions.

Two obvious questions:
  • Will the Hondata part number "FP-TSX-US" work with my ECU or is it truly incompatible?
  • Could I buy a 37820-RL5-A55 and expect it to be compatible with my engine, looms and cluster, or is the pinout different?
What's the best way out of this - having a reflashed/tuned ECU on the K24 I've got here?

thanks...

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm not 100% sure on this but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be compatible. That ECU has different pinouts than the TSX, so if you wanted to run flashpro with a TSX ecu, you would likely need to swap the engine harness with the ecu. I ran into this recently trying to figure out how to get a CL7 swap to run in an EG civic and found the differences between USDM and other markets almost always come with different ecu pinouts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. Guess I now need to figure out whether a Z7? to Z3 harness swap is feasible, e.g. due to sensor compatibility (e.g. A and Z are not).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts