Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having trouble getting the ect sensor wired up guys.
The write up for the engine harness said that my civic might not have a pin for the ect wire(red/white).

So my question is, what do i do to get a signal from the sensor to the ecu?

My civic is a 2001 ex. Motor i am using is a k20a2.
What has anyone else done about that wire?

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i have done a couple k20 swaps into em2 , and i have no clue what your talking about. you dont have to change anything to do with the ECT. leave the k20 ECT in the engine and repin the c101 plug , done. you dont even have to wire the rad fan switch if your running Kpro , it will control the fan at whatever temp you want it it to come on anyways.

what you do is , repin the K20 engine harness side of the c101 connector , for everything but the relay power. the relay power wire you change on the civic dash side of the c101 plug.

the ECT is pin 17 , and the CMP sensor wire is pin 9 of the k20 c101 plug. respectively , the ECT is pin 9 and the CMP is pin 17 on the civic side of the c101 plug. all you do is switch them. i beleve the k20 harness has 2 wires in the one pin for the ECT. get some solder , and some heat wrap , cut the wires going to these 2 pins on the k20 side leaving 4 inches between your cut and the plug , strip the wires switch them and solder them. twist the 2 wires together for the k20 ECT pin(remember i said theres 2) and wire both them together.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know all that...the car is already wired for everything else.

what i am saying is i have NO wire on the dash side of the C101 connector for the ECT sensor. I have absolutely no wire comming from pin 9 on civic side...so my ect wire from rsx harness is just hanging there, an open end.

i followed the write up from xproductionz.com exactly. and they explain that some civic models dnt have a wire for the ect sensor. so im asking what do i do about that...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
ok im sorry. in that case its as simple as finding it. the engine harness is completely isolated from any other harness till it hits the ecu and c101 plug. it HAS to be there somewheres buddy. the wire is red/white stripe as im sure you know. take some pics of the civic c101 and E plugs and the wires , lets have a look pal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts