Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New titanium shims are a must-have for high-performance braking

Coming soon for most popular fitments, these new perforated titanium heat insulation shims have been shown in laboratory tests to reduce heat transfer through the pads to the caliper by around 90°F.

Tests were conducted, with results shown in the below chart, to compare the heat transferred with plain shims or perforated shims and EBC race materials were used. However, the physics remains sound and any semi-metallic pad should benefit from shim heat insulation.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

Most caliper seals are damaged at temperatures over 130°C/270°F, which means anything to reduce heat getting to them is good news.

Laser-cut from titanium sheet and perforated to reduce conductive heat transfer, the EBC titanium shims come in sets of two or four depending on caliper type and are for popular front fitments only.

Shims are applied to your pad set and can be re-used at pad change unless damaged.

You can read more at the below link.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,160 Posts
We'll let you know here when they're available to purchase :)
thank you sir.

shortly in the next few weeks I will be installing ebc brake disc's front and rear. ebc green pads up front and yellow pads in the rear. these are 2002 types front and rear oem brakes and will be a good starting point for me to feel the intro product from ebc. these are the plain ebc discs which i gathered good reviews of.

i was doing research on slotted or cross-drilled disc, and the plain discs seem to get great reviews on performance and street use. I needed a decent brake company and found ebc for the 1st time, to seat the brakes back on the road from overhaul to the next upgrade point. i am hoping for decent results with ebc and would like to continue exploring their product line if needed to upgrade from the last. I am building a "race only" brake set up and a "street" set up. It will be interesting to see which companies fill those shoes over time.

Ever since I started doing SCAA/NASA racing schooling I have developed a frame of mind of "doubling." From doing weekend schooling bringing "doubles", having "doubles", and "thinking doubles". Being prepared for a track weekend obviously requires one to have double of everything considered a consumable or extremely important. Example,: double brake discs front and rear, double brake pads front and rear,, double shifting cables, extra clutch, extra flywheel,, extra flywheel bolts, double clutch pressure plate flange bolt.

Even getting down to double, head gasket, O-rings throughout cylinder head, ARB head studs. It all comes down to how much time you have to correctly fix an auto issues in the track parking lot. I must say

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you sir.

shortly in the next few weeks I will be installing ebc brake disc's front and rear. ebc green pads up front and yellow pads in the rear. these are 2002 types front and rear oem brakes and will be a good starting point for me to feel the intro product from ebc. these are the plain ebc discs which i gathered good reviews of.

i was doing research on slotted or cross-drilled disc, and the plain discs seem to get great reviews on performance and street use. I needed a decent brake company and found ebc for the 1st time, to seat the brakes back on the road from overhaul to the next upgrade point. i am hoping for decent results with ebc and would like to continue exploring their product line if needed to upgrade from the last. I am building a "race only" brake set up and a "street" set up. It will be interesting to see which companies fill those shoes over time.

Ever since I started doing SCAA/NASA racing schooling I have developed a frame of mind of "doubling." From doing weekend schooling bringing "doubles", having "doubles", and "thinking doubles". Being prepared for a track weekend obviously requires one to have double of everything considered a consumable or extremely important. Example,: double brake discs front and rear, double brake pads front and rear,, double shifting cables, extra clutch, extra flywheel,, extra flywheel bolts, double clutch pressure plate flange bolt.

Even getting down to double, head gasket, O-rings throughout cylinder head, ARB head studs. It all comes down to how much time you have to correctly fix an auto issues in the track parking lot. I must say
Hi there, I'm very glad to see you are looking forward to trying our products, but i am a little concerned with your pad choice.

Yellow Stuff are a higher friction than Green Stuff, and if you have Yellow on rear and Green on front you may notice imbalance and there may be locking/ skidding when braking hard. Green is not considered a track / race formula and may overheat and fade when pushed hard on track.

If you have not yet purchased may i suggest sticking to Yellow all around, or even Blue stuff which is a higher grade track / street formula with higher friction again. We usually recommend fitting the same material front and rear, although it is sometimes preferred by some to use a lesser friction on rear than front, never the other way around.

If you have already bought them we would be happy to send you a new set in return for the greens you have. If you want to consider this further please message me in the 'conversations' and send the part numbers you already have and we can work out what would be best for you :)

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,160 Posts
there is a misunderstanding, I have already purchased these parts for a trail run and if I want to consider EBC again. I will be buying DC5 Type R consumables soon as well as usdm types.

i mentioned that wrong. for street set up and normal driving. The yellow pads are for the front, green for the rear. i have basic discs front and back because it is the first time I am trying a ebc product, and I like to gauge feel products from new companies to me.

Plus slotted and cross drilled are stories in themselves that do not apply to every driving style or purpose for the disc that season.

thank you for the education from what you provided. I have used Carbotech pads for track for so long it would be hard to switch from them.

·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a misunderstanding, I have already purchased these parts for a trail run and if I want to consider EBC again. I will be buying DC5 Type R consumables soon as well as usdm types.

i mentioned that wrong. for street set up and normal driving. The yellow pads are for the front, green for the rear. i have basic discs front and back because it is the first time I am trying a ebc product, and I like to gauge feel products from new companies to me.

Plus slotted and cross drilled are stories in themselves that do not apply to every driving style or purpose for the disc that season.

thank you for the education from what you provided. I have used Carbotech pads for track for so long it would be hard to switch from them.
The plain rotors will do great for what you need, i would be keen your thoughts on the products you've bought, let me know how it goes :)

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,160 Posts
The plain rotors will do great for what you need, i would be keen your thoughts on the products you've bought, let me know how it goes :)
i will let you know. I can give you a good honest review. I have road course experience. I remember the first time I did a 30 min session, I had previously painted my calipers to be smooth a few months prior to the event. When I got off track using Carbotech pads the paint was bubbling like mad 😂 😛

1 - 8 of 8 Posts